Take that Ebay. (class action)

MikeMeyerhoff

I got a whole 40 cents. I guess that's better than 4 cents.

I don't see why Ebay and Paypal get such a bad rap by so many. I've used it for years with no major problems. Of the few times I got screwed on an item, Paypal handled it and got me my money back, so other than frustration and time I'm not out anything. I've used Paypal a bunch outside of Ebay and have been very happy with it. It's a convinient way to transfer funds safely. I'd rather sell something and have 95% of that money right now, than wait a week for a money order to make that extra 5%.

Sure Ebay and Paypal fees can get a bit expensive, but as a buyer, even with the fees I can usually find what I need cheaper than anywhere else, and as a seller, I incorporate the fees into my selling price, so I can still make what I want, even after fees. You'd be amazed how many people buy stuff from me on Ebay for a higher price than what I'm selling it on the forums. Maybe more people see it on ebay or it's easier to find there, but whatever the reason, it's all good.

LOL... obviously you've not been screwed by bad sellers or buyers using paypal to their advantage. And you've not had your paypal account frozen with thousands in it, or having your paypal account hacked, which is just like having your debit card stolen.

Take a look at paypalsucks.com

-Robert

years back the wife had an aunt die and the estate was worth like $189k , 28 family members,, in the end the lawyers got their cut and each member got a ck for $3.80 now it don't take much to figure that 28 times $3.80 don't amount to much

but that lawyer will be out a good bit over the years over that cause not one of those checks was ever cash'd so he can not close his books on the case for many years ;) and will be paying some one to do the work of up dateing the books

Good for them. Might as well.

In this case though challenging ebay is like challenging wal mart so they aren't gonna miss the money one way or another...I'll be cashing my check for $0.87 :P

just so some who don't knowbefore a yrs accounting can be close'd out ALL checks must be acount'd for , so unless they have a 30 day limit print'd on them ,,the company has to keep those records open for 7 years and keep track of any that may have came in ;)

LOL... obviously you've not been screwed by bad sellers or buyers using paypal to their advantage. And you've not had your paypal account frozen with thousands in it, or having your paypal account hacked, which is just like having your debit card stolen.

Take a look at paypalsucks.com

-Robert

I have been screwed by bad sellers a few times, and because of Paypal, I wasn't out anything.

I haven't been screwed by any buyers yet, or had my account frozen, so I can't attest to that.

The way I see it, there's a million and one ways to become a victim of identity theft. If it's not a Paypal account, then it's your bank screwing you, or some internet site you buy something from that screws you too. Hell, even a bum digging thru your trash can get your info. My credit is junk anyway, so I feel sorry for anyone who wastes time trying to to get credit under my name LOL.

Oh, and who keeps thousands of dollars in a Paypal account? That's just asking for trouble. If I have thousands of dollars, it's either sitting in a protected, interest bearing account, or it's in my safe at home next to my guns.

We all have to take measures to not become a victim of financial fraud. People make sure to password protect their accounts and also shred sensitive documents at home. Paypal is just another account that you have to keep with care. Don't have it tied to your main bank account, and don't keep lots of money in that bank account, or the Paypal account. That way if they do freeze the account for whatever reason, you're don't have to worry about not being able to use your main bank account, or the funds you keep in it.

Just like any financial account, Paypal can be a good tool, as long as you are smart with it. If you're not being smart about it, then that's your problem, not Paypal's. Just like if you weren't smart with your bank account. There's risks to about any financial transaction. The smarter you are about things, the less risk is involved.

Edited by Burton