88 reving issue

ScooterDude92

when i try to rev the engine if my foot goes past a 1/4 throttle it jus goes mwaaaaa like the gas has been cut off then if i floor it ital continue to mwaaa untill it reaches 1k rpm an ital sit there and crackel and pop till i let of the gas and it will idle perfect again... the car is bone stock, nothing has been changed otherwise

when driving ital go to 2k rpm before this happen just because the gas pedal has to be pushed in more than a 1/4 to get past 2k..it also seems as if i stay below 0 on the stock boost gaudge it wont do it

ok i dont know if this has anything to do with it but when i turn my turn signals on they simply light up they dont blink,

Yes. It could indicate that you are not getting 12+ volts to the EFI ECU to fire the injectors correctly. The ECU does not like less than 12 volts and starts doing funny things.

What is the voltage at the battery and the dash?

Check you battery terminals for corrosion.

If the voltage is reading low check the following:

What does the ECI fusible link's male & female metal terminals look like?

What do your grounds look like ESPECIALLY the one coming off of the intake manifold under the TB?

I'd suggest goin to the SOS manuals on i-x.net and go through your electrical system positive and negative sides as PQ points out.

For What It's Worth.

KEN

Edit - If you electrical system connectors are clean or you have 12+ volts indicated at the dash, buy a Triton EL-12 flasher to replace your turn signal flasher - especially if is a factory one.

Put the turn signal on and get out of the car and see if its the front or rear bulb that's burnt out. If one bulb is burnt out or dirty socket the flasher won't work and the dash light stays on and so does the outside bulb that is working.

my signals were solid on and it was just that the flasher had gone bad

OK. :) What do you have for indicated voltage at the battery (using a voltmater) and the dash volt meter when you have this situation going on.

C'mon guy. Respond to all of the questions that have been posted above asking about the found situation that you have. If you don't, we can't help you. ;)

You have to help us help you by giving accurate answers to all of the questions that are asked above. :mad:

For What It's Worth.

KEN

Have fun!! You are not answering ALL of the questions as to the as found situation!!!

For instance, what is your indicated dash voltage and battery voltage.

I wish you good luck in resolving your problem.

For What It's Worth.

KEN

Have you used a volt meter with a sweep needle and saw that your TPS hasn't any dead spots in it and that the cam inside isn't worn and sloppy or broken?

If you want to see how the fuel is coming through just take the return hose off the throttlebody and poke it in a container and as long as you don't lose flow while its idling and you try and rev it up then your fuel pump and pressure can't be causing that problem. The FPR holds back the pressure and will only let out the fuel that is required to maintain that pressure otherwise it would spike.

Your MAF plug good have good tight terminals in it?

i did a tps/isc reset today and still doing the same stuff..ive noticed somthing else to after driving at night i can look at the turbo and the entire manifold/turbo hot side/ half of down pipe is red, so i thought well i bet the cats are cloged...took the exhaust back off and the cat under the car was already gutted and the dp cat was not i gutted it clean and reinstalled..it still turns the same amount of red

i bought a new on frame fuel filter..i checked the in tank filter it was good and not to mention this cars tank is the cleanest ive ever seen on any starquest.. still no changes

well what should i try now?

If it does it only over 1/4 throttle and when your trying to boost, maybe your secondary injector is bad. Your primary injector is for light throttle and cruising your secondary is for boost only, try cleaning the injector or pulling them out and reinstalling with new o rings and getting a flow test/cleaning. Is your throttle body turning brown or does your engine bay smell like fuel? Have you checked your fuel pump or your FPR? Edited by Spooled_Starion

Check the air pressure in your left rear tire. If it's between 17 and 17.624 you'll have exactly this problem.

Just kidding. From what you've posted the revving issue is a secondary injector problem. You've got a batch of other things going on too, but I'd bet they're unrelated. Pull that secondary clip and see if your symptoms are the same, similar, better, or worse. If anything changes you know where to look. You've either got a a bad clip, dirty contacts, or a bad injector. 9 times out of 10 replacing the clip and cleaning the terminals on the injector fixes this problem.

when i try to rev the engine if my foot goes past a 1/4 throttle it jus goes mwaaaaa like the gas has been cut off then if i floor it ital continue to mwaaa untill it reaches 1k rpm an ital sit there and crackel and pop till i let of the gas and it will idle perfect again... the car is bone stock, nothing has been changed otherwise

when driving ital go to 2k rpm before this happen just because the gas pedal has to be pushed in more than a 1/4 to get past 2k..it also seems as if i stay below 0 on the stock boost gaudge it wont do it

Hey also check all the intercooler hoses and couplers. They crack where you can't see it and cause the same issues your having now.

put a injector from my 86 in as a secondary an it changed the condition some but syill breaks up a little... so im gonn order a set of delphies from the gp ill update this after i get the injectors and see what happens

i chaged the ecu randomly today to a 87 ecu and my problem is FIXED!!! i dont know why the 88 ecu wasnt working correctly although i wish it was my problem is now fixed and im happy as hell :)... since my 88 is a automatic and i took the ecu from a manuel isnt their a wire i have to repin?