Mitsubishi Starion cassette tape

holeysocks

Yeah, he is talking about the demo tape. It was always my impression that that was a Chrysler thing, I didn't think Starion's came w/ demo tapes, but I could be wrong. Somebody on this board knows the answer to that I'm sure.

I remember my parents brand new 1991 Caravan came w/ one of those cassette tapes from the dealer and it had the Top Gun theme song on it. We used to blare that thing ... we thought it was the coolest .... at the time :lol: Memories ... lol.

from UlrichWolf's Car for Sale Post in the cars for sale forum "Car will come with full owner's manual booklet set, with original window sticker, Parts and Service manual CD, and MP3 copies of the 1987 Mitsubishi Starion cassette tape on CD"

So starion's had the tape, did Conquests?

Edited by holeysocks

Starions all the way through to 89 came with a cassette tape to introduce you to the" brick" in front of the gear lever that omitts music explaining its many functions , it came as part of the "Diamond star" package bound in a leather folding pouch also containing the owners manual and warrenty info , i have one of these pouches containing all its goodies and is one of my prize rarity SQ items amongst a few other things , so now y'all know ! :)

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww217/anthonyo196/Starion/Starion048.jpg

I'm not sure if the recording on the tape was the same for all years, but the case was definitely model year specific....

I believe 86 and 87's have pics of the cars , 88 and 89's have no pic just the Diamondstar logo on the cover ,mine is for a 89 Starion.

Scotty do you know if the tape was the same for all later years like 87,88 & 89? UlrichWolf has a mp3 for the 1987 I was going ro see if I could get a copy from him if it is the same as one for the 1989 would be

Thanks for the info

David

Scotty do you know if the tape was the same for all later years like 87,88 & 89? UlrichWolf has a mp3 for the 1987 I was going ro see if I could get a copy from him if it is the same as one for the 1989 would be

Thanks for the info

David

that i dont know man , same "brick" for all years though so i would think its the same recording.

No problem! I thought that was a cool little treasure I found in my glove box when I bought my car. I've never listened to it, but if I remember correctly, it says one side is dedicated to the sound system, and the other side explains the rest of the features of the car.

No problem! I thought that was a cool little treasure I found in my glove box when I bought my car. I've never listened to it, but if I remember correctly, it says one side is dedicated to the sound system, and the other side explains the rest of the features of the car.

you are indeed correct Inspector. :)

Thanks everyone!! If any one has a copy or could make a copy I would really like one ,,,,PLEASE

I just realized tonight,, I have never even sat in my car!!! when I started working on her ,she was on the trailer and I could not squeeze my butt thru the door , so I tried to start her thru the window!!! I looked in the glove compartment tonight and found a sales brochure for the 1989 Chrysler Conquest TSi

Edited by holeysocks

I know the eclipses had CDs that came with them. Saw one at goodwill...lol Looked exactly like that cassette tape case, colors and all...just had a pic of a 1G eclipse and was a CD...haha.

Thats cool though.

Someone needs to upload that sound file to the web. That way, we can have that...and the fancy technica song :P

• Like 1

I dont believe my 89 conquest came with a cassette tape. The guy I bought it from (who bought it new) didnt mention anything about it and he had absolutely EVERYTHING that came with the car.

Did it have those fugly plastic hubcaps that were a joke and the snow pushed them off they were supposed to keep out that parts scammers send PM messages of lies in here on craigslist and ebay to play a sob story to get to buy them for nothing then sell for a huge profit?

• 4 weeks later...