Here is my Frankenstein Monster

lionbull

• 1 month later...
No it is not. I just put a rag around the filter. I have noticed a few models(toyota4runner) with a tray around the filter. I can always do that later. The turbo is not that low it is not a straight shot to the rest of the exhaust. I wanted something funky and i did not want my engine bay to look like all the rest of g54b with the turbo on top. My car must stand out. Thanks for looking Edited by lionbull

You got all the right bits n pieces under the hood mang , reminds me of my past two and sadly missed MPI SQz , i to liked to differ from the others out there , i had my B.O.V in the same place as yours on one and hid the B.O.V in the other just as it entered the intercooler for a even more "Frankenstein" look , your doing real good dood ! :) me likey ! Edited by SOTTY

Thanks man. Got a few more updates as soon as sort a few things out. (ps steering pump seized, belt worn,starter needed soon)The diaphragm maybe bad in the wastegate. might need a tial instead of the jgs from a few years ago that i have. The car was street tuned today. It is breaking the wheels loose effortlessly on boost. Tuner was having a ball and they were quite surprised. These guys have 9 and 10 seconds cars on their resume and they think I would be happy. Lets hope so. I would like to go to the dyno in 2 weeks. I don't want a million hp I want a fast street/strip car. Edited by lionbull

how does that oil housing / oil filter relocate work?? It looks like your turbo drain is going there? how is that ?, I thought turbo drains aren't suppose to run any oil pressure through them or it will just spray out of the turbo seals ??

I'm digging the oil filter locate (and everything else, honestly!). As far as filter changes, use a punch and hammer to knock a hole in the top of the filter and let it sit for a half hour. The air bleed should allow oil to drain back from the filter back into the engine and make the mess much smaller. ;)

i am trying to upload some more pics but it seems they are too big though I re-sized them. I drove the car tonight and WOW. There was traffic and I did not get a chance to squeeze to 20psi. The car feel incredible at 10psi. I had to let off because it felt like fast forward. Not to mention I need to relearn this car under boost. It drives like stock off boost and is very docile in traffic. I did notice the dipstick keeps popping out. It is spraying oil on the driver's side of the car. Not to sure what to do about that but I don't want to drive it aggressively like this. I can't wait to sort out these little nagging issues.The starter gave out so we had to kick start it. Good tuning and good fuel is key. I hope to upload some more pics soon.

post-4617-0-81145700-1325311695_thumb.jpg

Edited by lionbull

Its comin along, I see!

Leave the 3" IC piping for those 2JZ guys running monster turbos ^_^ 2.5" piping would be way more efficient for your set up.

Diehard,

I can now boldly disagree with the above statement about 3inch piping. This is 100% false. My set up at just 10psi is faster than the 2j N/A turbo(also 10psi and 3 inch piping) I rode in and I thought that is300 was pretty fast at the time. That car has a confirmed 315wrhp at the dyno. I guess it's the way the G54B makes the power. The nature of the beast!

Edited by lionbull

• 8 months later...

http://www.covershut.com/covers/The-Poseidon-Adventure-1972-Front-Cover-878.jpg

+

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070712224622/uncyclopedia/images/e/ef/Big_turbo.jpg

IC piping doesn't need to be any bigger than your TB, but bigger is def. better than smaller, espec. w/ your turbo. No worries man. Worst case it spools a tiny bit slower. You're good to go w/ that power either way. Great setup!

http://www.covershut.com/covers/The-Poseidon-Adventure-1972-Front-Cover-878.jpg

+

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070712224622/uncyclopedia/images/e/ef/Big_turbo.jpg

IC piping doesn't need to be any bigger than your TB, but bigger is def. better than smaller, espec. w/ your turbo. No worries man. Worst case it spools a tiny bit slower. You're good to go w/ that power either way. Great setup!

thanks bro. I got some body shop pics i am trying to upload now.