1989 Mitsubishi Starion with TONS of mods--SOLD

helrazr70

Because he's been trying to get this car for a while and doesn't want to lose it. :ph34r:

Seen helrarz's 89 a few times in person. His description is fair and accurate. This is the last guy to steer you wrong. Plus, it's a 89 Starion!!

I'm in love with this car. If I had 5500 it would be sitting in my garage. It's set up just how I would like a quest to be.

Uhh.. I always have a supercharged trans am for barter.. hahah

As tempting as an LS1powered car sounds I am looking for a clean, stock--or close to stock, preferably still in nice factory paint or beautiful repaint, 88 or 89 Starion or Conquest. I am not asking much am I? :D

If you have one of those, I would trade pretty quickly.

If the guys that are trying to get loans all walk away I am doing some work to it and raising the price. I know, that's lowers the chance of selling it but I at least want what I paid for it. I only listed it this low because I was trying to buy a certain car--and the buyer backed out on me. (long story not worth telling) I wil leave it priced as it is until all interested parties either buy it or walk away. I will then pull the listing. I am not going to back out of any negotiations already begun.

Sorry to hear that other car fell through for you Chris. At least you didn't sell the 89 and then loose the deal. You'd be without a Starquest then (at least a running one!)

I have a few guys trying to gather funds for the car. I am not going to kill any deals. That's what happened to me and I am not going to do it to them. I sold most of my awesome parts stash and a LOT of Snap On tools to get the money together for the car I was buying and then the buyer changed his mind and I have nothing to show for it except the fact I sold a lot of tools and parts at bargain basement prices and can't rebuy them for what I sold them for. I have decided to continue the liquidation and see what happens. I think the stress of gathering the money so quickly and then the let-down kinda burnt me a little on the cars and the site for a while. It may be time to step out for a while even though I just came back at the beginning of this year.

The car remains for sale. Either whole now or in pieces soon--then as a '89 Starion roller later.

I have 2 people working on getting the money and 1 who says he is still coming for it Monday or Tuesday. (not holding my breath)

Other than those 3 there is a person who wants it stripped down to a more affordable level and can pick it up Tuesday or Wednesday. He is the back-up plan.

The other guys have until Tuesday night or I go to the back-up plan guy. I will then sell off the removed parts to recoup that part of the sale price.

I have bought another car on ebay that is in GA. I am going to pick it up this coming weekend. I need to get the $$ together to go get it so I am pushing the deals a little faster to get the cash together in time for my trip. I am delivering a truckload of parts to Kane (MainstreaM) in the Chattanooga area and then headed down to Atlanta to pick up the new purchase.

I gave up on the SQ idea. I have been looking for the right car since last November and have only found one car that fit that description for less than $7500 and that deal didn't work out-- I am now kinda burnt on the whole SQ thing after selling off all my stuff to get that car and came up empty handed---so I bought a 1967 Mustang GT fasback out of Atlanta, GA. It is a 289 4V 4spd car. It's a little rough around the edges but it's a very buildable car. It's almost all original and it's 100% complete.

I will still be in and out here and there, just not as much as lately.

I will be forgotten, not gone.

My last one was a '69 Mach 1.

This one is a '67 fastback which is a different body style. This one is the platform "Eleanor",from "Gone in 60 Seconds" was based off of.

Here's what the one I just bought looked like new:

P1130760.JPG

That silver 60k mile, rust free, factory paint, cloth interior, roller MAY get sold. I am debating throwing a cover on it and let it sit in the garage for a while. I have an awesome engine for it--minus injection, etc, S16G turbo,and lots of parts for it but I sold most of the cool/rare parts I had for it to someone locally while trying to raise money recently for another car.

Hit me up later about the silver car and you might get a more decisive answer.

Edited by helrazr70

Chris, give me a call. 478-832-1974

Jimmy

I gave up on the SQ idea. I have been looking for the right car since last November and have only found one car that fit that description for less than $7500 and that deal didn't work out-- I am now kinda burnt on the whole SQ thing after selling off all my stuff to get that car and came up empty handed

Here you go Chris, your deal is here waiting for you. You don't have to quit the SQ game because the deal you wanted is now waiting for you to make the move. Here is THAT RIGHT CAR, and you wanted a black stock one right? so sell the parts and get the one you want ;)

Chris, give me a call. 478-832-1974

Jimmy

I gave up on the SQ idea. I have been looking for the right car since last November and have only found one car that fit that description for less than $7500 and that deal didn't work out-- I am now kinda burnt on the whole SQ thing after selling off all my stuff to get that car and came up empty handed

Here you go Chris, your deal is here waiting for you. You don't have to quit the SQ game because the deal you wanted is now waiting for you to make the move. Here is THAT RIGHT CAR, and you wanted a black stock one right? so sell the parts and get the one you want ;)

My friend........if you were willing to pay "less than $7500" for a "stock black conquest"; hell.....you can pick mine tomorrow if you want!.....and I am serious! HAHAHA!

Edited by dmdvzla

My friend........if you were willing to pay "less than $7500" for a "stock black conquest"; hell.....you can pick mine tomorrow if you want!.....and I am serious! HAHAHA!

It wasn't posted for sale and I didn't go knocking on doors...

I was looking for a 88/89 rust free, black, perfect interior, lower mileage, car still in factory paint.

I found an '87 with 22k miles for $8500 and a '89 with 36k miles for $7500. Both were perfect but out of my price range. I wanted to stay in the $5000 or less zone. Everything else I found was either too modded, repainted, or just not what I was looking for.

I am spoiled. I have had 3 cars in factory paint and in awesome condition but I sold them for one reason or another. Now that times have changed I am settling down to one SQ and keeping it. I don't have the time or energy to keep modding and tinkering with a car constantly. I just want a keeper.

Jimmy, Harry:

I can't take the car from Jimmy. It just isn't right and it's unfair to Jimmy. Sure, things went badly because I dumped lots of tools/parts to raise the money for his old car and then Harry backed out--but Jimmy would be losing out in the end if I took the car. He didn't do anything but change his mind. After getting burned I am just going to take a break after this car and the rest of the stuff sells.

I am headed to Jimmys neighborhood but it's to get a different car.