Quick fix for my loose turque tube bushing. Ground down the spacers so it gets squeezed more and has less available delfection too.

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z388/starionkiller/2011-08-17144342.jpg

Here is a visual...

https://www.facebook...video_processed

Edited by JohnnyWadd

It does work.

Well yeah. Thats why I am posting a write up on it.

It works good. Still has some play with the prybar I might take some more off. Members who have some old bushings lying around should grind them up for others who dont have a bench grinder. I put in some low miles bushings i had and it still had play, weird how a good looking bushing has so much permanent crush that the torque tube will have all that movement.

Edited by JohnnyWadd

• 5 months later...

What is the after grinding spacer height you should shoot for?

For What It's Worth.

KEN

3/32" off the spacers is about ideal for most. It depends on how bad yours are. It wont hurt the bushings if you grind them 1/16" too far. They will just grip the TT that much harder if you do.

3/32" off the spacers is about ideal for most. It depends on how bad yours are. It wont hurt the bushings if you grind them 1/16" too far. They will just grip the TT that much harder if you do.

I went with a little over 1/8 inch. After doing what i guess was close to a 1/16 it still had the same looseness. I think the stock rubber collapses to a point and just stays there.

What is the after grinding spacer height you should shoot for?

For What It's Worth.

KEN

If you can get under the car and hold a guage next to it while you move it with a prybar/big screw driver go with at least that much. Go too far and you'll just squish the rubber more and be okay still :)

Edited by JohnnyWadd

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

another fix is to make spacer gtaskets for the mount,, use one of the thickest plastic lids you can find like the large storage baskets

and cut out a gasket to lay over the posts and fit the bushing out line , best ask wifeie befor distroying her basket lid first or play dumb and ain't see it hon ;)

and the mount is suposed to have slight give or you'l have heavy vibration and thumping noise transmited to the frame

another fix is to make spacer gtaskets for the mount,, use one of the thickest plastic lids you can find like the large storage baskets

and cut out a gasket to lay over the posts and fit the bushing out line , best ask wifeie befor distroying her basket lid first or play dumb and ain't see it hon ;)

and the mount is suposed to have slight give or you'l have heavy vibration and thumping noise transmited to the frame

The "give" is in the rubber. The old rubber "gives" too much.

Edited by JohnnyWadd

• 10 months later...