EOI: Magna cylinder heads and inlet manifolds

fuel

Hey guys, have come across a local junkyard which has a bunch of 4cyl Magnas mostly complete, they're clearing alot of their stock to make way for newer vehicles, so am in the position of picking up these cylinder heads and inlet manifolds for reasonable pricing.

Just wondering if there would be a demand for either the cylinder heads or inlet manifolds over there? I imagine yes on the inlet manifolds, but what about the whole cylinder heads complete? I don't know a great deal about 4G54s (I'm a 4G63 man myself) but I gather the Magna M6 head is some kind of improvement?

I would also have to find out if the freight costs outbound of New Zealand will make it worthwhile also - I've sent a couple cylinder heads to Australia and the freight cost was reasonable.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Phil

Ok cool I shall investigate costs of the items and the freight and see where it sits in regards to your budget. I would imagine an inlet manifold at $150 delivered should be do-able, perhaps not the cylinder heads though.

Interested in an intake if its near the $100-$150 mark.

Ok cool I shall investigate costs of the items and the freight and see where it sits in regards to your budget. I would imagine an inlet manifold at $150 delivered should be do-able

Sounds legit!!!

Edited by Zone

When I was importing these over from aus, it was cheapest to box 4 together as "broken car parts for repair". Shipping them by them selves will cost almost as much for 1 as shipping all 4 together

Just some info as I've been there done that

yeah I figured it was probably cheaper to send a bulk lot there, but then I would have to find someone trustworthy to receive them, split them up and send them individually to each person - that alone could well not be worthwhile as opposed to sending each individually from my end.

Cheers,

Phil

Phil, if you need to bulk ship to somewhere i could help you out. i am trustworthy and i work at a warehouse in Indiana so shipping may be cheaper to a commercial address. and im mostly center of the U.S. So splitting the order should be pretty even for most. we also ship and receive overseas containers but im sure your not going to ship that much lol.... Edited by wrngwae

What are you willing to pay for a head + manifold + fuel rail + injectors? Just bare in mind with getting the parts and freight there's no way I could do that for anything less than US$300-400, so I need to gauge realistic interest to see if it's even worth it before approaching the yard.

Cheers!