Anyone know much about comics?

strang3majik

My dad gave me a bunch of old comics to sell that someone gave him a while back.

They range from about 1970 on to about 1976.

Theres a Superman one, a few spiderman comics, the human torch, batman, etc. Theres also a bunch I've never heard of. But, they're all yellow (aged paper), but, are all there and not torn and are still readable.

If I put a few pics up, anyone on here good at telling me what I've got? Haha.

There's no where around me that deals with comics or I'd just take them to a comic shop.

I personally dont know squat about them. What i would do is try to look on eBay "completed listings" and see if you can find a comparable match to what you have and see what it sold for or what the asking price is.

I did a quick google search and maybe you can find an idea by looking through here; http://www.mycomicshop.com/ and see what they are pricing them at.

Hope this helps

My dad gave me a bunch of old comics to sell that someone gave him a while back.

They range from about 1970 on to about 1976.

Theres a Superman one, a few spiderman comics, the human torch, batman, etc. Theres also a bunch I've never heard of. But, they're all yellow (aged paper), but, are all there and not torn and are still readable.

If I put a few pics up, anyone on here good at telling me what I've got? Haha.

There's no where around me that deals with comics or I'd just take them to a comic shop.

Some of them are funny.....Others suck.

Bill

Check Ebay if you looking for value. There is a place called Shinders locally that has a lot of comics and cards. Not sure if they have a website.

When was the last time you were at Shinders? I thought they went under about five years ago.

you should call an expert and do a lot of research, because the value of those kinds of comics are often based on the year, not just the popularity, I have some from the early 90s some are worth 50 dollars an issue, where others aren't worth what was paid for them in the 90s.

Yeah, I need to find an expert. Maybe take a journey to Las Vegas to the Pawn Stars guys and have them call in their expert...lol

But, if I google these, title, volume, and issue number, along with the year, they don't come up. The ones that come up have a different cover page.

So, I don't know if these are a different edition or what.

For all I know I have a lot of money sitting here. Or, I have a bunch of paper to burn...lol

I used to have a comic book price guide in the mid 90's as a teenager. Of course this is before you could find anything you want on the internet. It should be as simple as googeling dc/marvel comic book price guide of something like that

I used to have a comic book price guide in the mid 90's as a teenager. Of course this is before you could find anything you want on the internet. It should be as simple as googeling dc/marvel comic book price guide of something like that

Everyone wants $30 for them...lol

I figured a free download or something, but, no...people want moneys. People these days...not doing stuff for free...haha.

Check Ebay if you looking for value. There is a place called Shinders locally that has a lot of comics and cards. Not sure if they have a website.

Shinder's went bankrupt about a year ago.

Back in the '80s a good source was Mile High Comics in Denver. They used to mail out enormous catalogs that I'd kind of use as a price guide.

On a personal note, I have a box of superman/batman/etc comics from the 70s that a friend left at my place in the 80s. I tried selling them for 25 cents apiece at a rummage sale and did not sell a single one though I got an offer of $2.50 for the boxfull... :blink:

Edited by Mnementh

I did not know that about Shinders. I thought I still saw the one in Maplewood when I would drive by but apparently not. I haven't been there in years. It was always fun checking out the weirdos in the squeaky door section :D

I did not know that about Shinders. I thought I still saw the one in Maplewood when I would drive by but apparently not. I haven't been there in years. It was always fun checking out the weirdos in the squeaky door section :D

I remember reading that the owner of Shinders got pulled over in a van full of meth and machine guns. The stores quickly went under after that. :)

I remember reading that the owner of Shinders got pulled over in a van full of meth and machine guns. The stores quickly went under after that. :)

oh snap, arre you serious? I didn't know that. All I know is that store used to give me the willies.

Well...went to a local shop and he said they were all missing the covers, though they appear perfectly intact to me.

But...about 10 of them are worth between $5-$75...thats the best he could do for me. The rest he didn't feel like looking up...and they don't buy them there either.

So...I'm going to try the guy who buys them that he told me about.

Either way, I have about 50 of them, so...even if they're only worth $1 a piece...I still got $50 :P