Ryan Dunn of Jacka** fame dead at 34

SOTTY

Yeah, high speed and drinking aren't smart but no one knows the real circumstances of the accident. For all I know a deer could have ran into the road which led to the accident.

he was over twice the legal limit for BAC and going 130+ mph. there are no circumstances to excuse it.

he was over twice the legal limit for BAC and going 130+ mph. there are no circumstances to excuse it.

Agreed, I was just meaning to say there could have been a third factor involved.

Agreed. The unfortunate part is that when your BAC is that high your judgement is so impaired that you will make stupid decisions. Your frontal lobe is saturated in ETOH and turns off, which is your moral compass and sense of restraint center of the brain. Add to that the "Star Factor": he was surrounded by groupies and yes-men who kept feeding him more drinks (his last three shots were from fans) and not enough folks with the sense or guts to stop him. In some ways, he had a lot working against him, even if he is ultimately responsible for his actions.

You guys ought to be ashamed of yourselves. Saying things like "he deserved it" is just ludicrous and absurd. We've all done dumb things, and other than intentional murder or child abuse, none of them warrant death. Have you guys ever made a bad decision? Driven when you probably weren't supposed to? Do you think YOU deserve to die? Probably not. Good people make bad decisions, but it doesn't mean they deserve to die. You guys are ruthless and cruel, and I'd be ashamed of myself if I said that.

Driving drunk is like playing with a loaded gun blindfolded...sure you may get away with it for a time, but eventually your gonna kill someone or yourself.... Ryans "friends" should have not let him drive in that condition.... want to get wasted in a bar fine, take a cab home.... lets face Ryan Dunn was a dumb*** for driving drunk, apparently he had done so many times from what I read on other sites....

You guys ought to be ashamed of yourselves. Saying things like "he deserved it" is just ludicrous and absurd. We've all done dumb things, and other than intentional murder or child abuse, none of them warrant death. Have you guys ever made a bad decision? Driven when you probably weren't supposed to? Do you think YOU deserve to die? Probably not. Good people make bad decisions, but it doesn't mean they deserve to die. You guys are ruthless and cruel, and I'd be ashamed of myself if I said that.

Well said. Thank you.

Driving a car at 130 mph while intoxicated with someone else in the car is not a bad decision. Its complete and utter stupidity, borderline insanity.

I will tell you who doesn't deserve to die. An car full of innocent people, possibly a family, that he could have killed.

I feel bad for the passenger. But for the driver. Nope. He deserved it sounds about right.

It could have been worse. He could have killed a lot more innocent people. Probably would have sooner later. GOOD RIDDANCE I SAY!!

Driving a car at 130 mph while intoxicated with someone else in the car is not a bad decision. Its complete and utter stupidity, borderline insanity.

I will tell you who doesn't deserve to die. An car full of innocent people, possibly a family, that he could have killed.

I feel bad for the passenger. But for the driver. Nope. He deserved it sounds about right.

It could have been worse. He could have killed a lot more innocent people. Probably would have sooner later. GOOD RIDDANCE I SAY!!

I totally agree with what AJ is saying. I'm not sayiong it's right that he was driving so crazy while he was so drunk, but to wish them death or rotting in hell is just horrible. I hope none of you saying things like that have EVER driven drunk, because then you're just hypocrites.

I've had friends die from drunk driving. Good, caring people who have done lots for their community and were nothing like rapists or child molesters. They may have died due to consequences they put themselves in, but they didn't "deserve to die" because they did that.

Since we're wishing death on people.... I hope all you high-and-mighty types have children who grow up to drink and drive. Would you wish death or hell on THEM?. And don't say "My kids will know better because I will teach them right" Well, guess what? My parents taught me all about right and wrong and I used to drink and drive all the time.

Again, I'm not condoning what happened, but none of us are judge, jury, or executioner over these people.

Oh, and the fact that the passenger died is sad, but it was his choice for getting in the car with someone he knew was drunk. Hell, it may have been the passenger egging him on to drive like he was.

I'm glad no "innocent" people were involved, that would have been a greater tragedy. But, for anyone who's ever drank and drove- the same thing could have happened to you, so don't act like you're soooooo much better of a person.

Burton and AJ you make some great points.We've all done and made poor decisions.Forgive the bible reference here but "Let He Who Is Without Sin Cast The First Stone" Ryan is definitely to blame - no question.Obviously 130mph sober is a ridiculous speed to be traveling but to say he deserved to die is callous and unfeeling. Legally...DUI,Wreckless driving,excessive speed and all the other tickets he would he received=loss of license,fines,community service,at the worst maybe a few days in jail - that's what the LAW says he deserved - the death penalty - really??

P.S. - It's highly unlikely that he's going to smash into a mini van filled with kids at 2am in the morning.

He deserved to die in the sense that NATURE is unforgiving. If you mess up when it comes to natural consequences, physics is not going to enable anyone in a co-dependent kind of way.

Also, it is common knowledge in our society that if you drink heavily and then drive you have a SIGNIFICANT chance to kill people due to impairment. Knowing that before you make the decision to drink and then drive constitutes criminal disregard for other people's safety/mortality, for your own convenience. Add to that when a person has a prior DUI (as in this case), they have had their behavior and the risks brought specifically to their awareness through social consequences and/or treatment and they still choose to disregard other people's lives for their own impulsiveness.

However, there is a problem in people knowing how their actions can harm others and KNOWING how their actions can harm others. People who are in an addict mindstate think differently because their addictions have hijacked their survival network (i.e. our emotions) and alter thoughts and behaviors. This person needed intensive treatment (as most repeat & extreme DUI offenders do) that is not mandated. Instead they lower the BAC limits and increase consequences for light, first time offenders and do not crack down on the repeat, extreme offenders harder. Of course, many offenders in that category will resist treatment even if forced.

He had a prior DUI, and was known for driving fast/speeding....

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. And everyone keeps saying "well, haven't you ever made a mistake before"

Uhh huh, the same mistake over and over again. :rolleyes:

I still stand behind what i said.

Play with fire too many times, and you are going to get burned. He had it coming, and this was going to be the inevitable sooner or later.