Ceramic Coating Services

psu_Crash

I am sending my new header and turbine housing out to get ceramic coated and I can get a deal for us if we get at least 10 people in on it to make it worth his time. Myself and one other member are already in.

You would send your parts to the shop and he will send them directly back to you. I am just playing middle man. I can't stress enough that all parts absolutely need to be CLEAN AND RUST FREE as possible. If you don't clean up your parts ahead of time it will take much longer to get your parts back and he will charge you to prep them (you won't like the price then)

I am currently waiting on a call back with some more details but it looks like $100 for a header/manifold and $60 for turbine housings. This price is a ballpark at the moment but I will have solid prices in the near future.

This guy does top notch work and takes pride in it. He runs a very professional no BS operation. I hope to hear back today on specifics concerning turn around time and the exact coating that he will use. The gold stuff is the highest temp rating at about 2000F but I think we would be fine with the silver/gray coating that is rated for just a couple hundred degrees less.

I will get back to this as soon as I have all the details set in stone.

Please direct any questions to me and I will contact the shop directly. Then I can post everything here for all to see.

Here is a link to the shop's website.

http://www.performance-design.net/

Edited by psu_Crash

This will be coating just the outside. I've been told that coating the inside is not a good idea

I'm in for a header and pay up front if he can wait for it to be built.

He wants to do them all at once because apparently once he has the stuff mixed up it's only good for a week or 2.

This will be coating just the outside. I've been told that coating the inside is not a good idea

hmm, Im not sure who told you that, the guy that did mine said inside and out was the only way to go. It keeps the heat moving through the pipe and out, and not soaking into the metal. Maybe he was wrong I dunno. either way, i think your guy is a touch high on his price, Mine was $125 for my manifold and exhaust housing for the turbo from here. http://www.foxfirecoatings.com/ not trying to hurt your gp, just giving you something to compare to and optional info for your potential buyers.

BC_99

So I just heard back from the shop. In order to make it worth his time we need at least 10 parts being done at once. He also stated that they would need to be completely degreased and sandblasted with a medium grit before shipping to him. He does not offer blasting at his shop location. Most of his work is large scale runs so he has a shop that does all the blasting for him.

I realize I probably won't be able to get enough people in on this but I thought I'd extent the offer.

Anyone who is serious about getting a top notch true ceramic coating job done at a great price, this is the time.

I'll keep this open through the weekend to see if there is any real interest. After that I will have mine done locally because spring is here and I want to drive my car ;)

hmm, Im not sure who told you that, the guy that did mine said inside and out was the only way to go. It keeps the heat moving through the pipe and out, and not soaking into the metal. Maybe he was wrong I dunno. either way, i think your guy is a touch high on his price, Mine was $125 for my manifold and exhaust housing for the turbo from here. http://www.foxfirecoatings.com/ not trying to hurt your gp, just giving you something to compare to and optional info for your potential buyers.

BC_99

I understand that if you could actually get the entire inside coated it would be the way to go. The problem is that you need to blast the surface completely to ensure the coating will adhere well. That isn't possible to do with most manifolds and risking pieces of the coating coming loose could be disaster to your turbine wheel.

I also sent him pictures of my manifold and log style so he can get a better idea of what he would be doing and give a better estimate. I think he was expecting V8 headers when I talked to him and not single manifold like we run.

BTW thanks for the link! I just emailed them :)

Edited by psu_Crash

I tried to email the guys at FireFoxCoatings and got a delivery failure notice.

Hmm ... guess I'll try again. I have some time now anyways until my new manifold will be here.

Yeah, Danny is a retired fireman who loves drag racing and does ceramic coating as a side gig in his shop at his house, You may just have to call him if you cant get the email through.

BC_99

• 3 weeks later...

No worries pigpen. Swaintech isn't too far from me. Decided when the new manifold shows up I will be taking it to them. Know anyone on the inside to get me a discount? :)

$275 for coating seems awful expensive but they are supposed to be one of the best

I don't get any discounts either(lol)...but they do an excellent job...our shop has had pistons, headers, and heads all done by them...I plan to have a few parts done too...I don't think you'll be dissapointed :)

• 6 months later...