Just got back from my first Car Show w/ Quest

techboy

So, the local DQ was having a cruise show tonight, $1 to get in. So, I figured what the heck I'll take the Quest for fun. Mind you, it's been under a cover all winter, outside, totally filthy b/c I haven't washed it yet, and the engine bay is a disaster area from P/O, (which I plan to clean up and paint and all that when I pull the motor for rebuild this year) .... and this car got TONS of attention. I had 5 guys around the thing before I was even all the way backed in. One my buddies even commented that he should have left his Mustang at home. I had to laugh, I've been to 100's of shows w/ my Eclipse and run the one below in my sig, and I got more attention w/ my dirty Quest tonight than ever ....

Moral of the story: Glad I bought this car. :D

I still get the "is that a Supra?" No it's not a Supra.

One guy asked me if it was a Supra, I got that one once at a gas station already too. 2 others guys told me that they hadn't seen a Quest in 20 years. Guess they can't say that anymore.

BTW Boosted, love those wheels.

Taking a Starion to ANY carshow is always fun , these cars are a forgotten breed and stand out in the sea of the usual Mustangs and Camaros.

I attend as many as i can flying the flag , they really grab attention from the "i remember those" and "i had one years ago and blew it up" brigade. :)

I have heard it all, and it still makes me laugh...

Things I have actually heard at shows:

"That's one of those 88 mile per hour cars."

"Wow...never seen a Daytona with that body kit before."

"We don't allow Tie-yoters here, boy." (When parked next to a bunch of Corvettes and Chevelles, and such)

"I haven't seen a Supra that nice in years." (At the Mitsubishi dealership)

"Isn't this a Mustang?"

"Wow, I used to have one like this. Mine had the bigger optional V6 with the turbo from the factory, too."

"Son, I'm gonna hafta cut you a ticket on this one. Lessee...'86 Toyota Supra, right?"

"Yes, officer."

Tim

I actually get a lot of older guys (mid 40s, probably graduated high school when these were new) who know exactly what it is. Many of them are a little shakey on the details and you cant fault them for that but they all seem to think its pretty cool. haha Ive gotten a lot of remarks about "where did you find one in that kind of shape" etc. lol ^.^

Nice! Something similar happened to me two weekends ago. My college sports car club hosted a car show/cruise and I decided to bring my car to the show even though it still needed some bodywork done on the front end that sort of spoils the looks of the car (front panel has some major gouges in it that I had filled in with bondo and sanded, but I haven't primed or painted it yet). Well, it still got all sorts of attention and I managed to win 3rd best Japanese car, voted by all of the people who attended the show.