How many people actually have working A/C?

QuestFan

Just wondering who has went through the trouble of fixing the A/C in their Starquest.

I plan to have working A/C sooner or later, even with MPI setup. The intake was made to fit A/C.

Mine works, but I never use it. Heck, its on the "to be removed" list.

S

So what you're saying is you have a good working compressor? Would you like to sell it to me? I have two compressors but I am pretty sure one is no good and the other has been sitting open for a good while...

mine just needs a charge, will be doing before summer gets here. why do you think your compressor is shot? is it frozen?

My A/C worked after my dad charged it at his shop. But on my way back home when I turned the A/C on the car would surge so we figured it was overcharged. Since my dad lives 2 hours away I never checked it out and just kept driving with the windows down. Finally I took it to a shop here in town and they put the correct charge on it. It worked good for a few days but on one really hot summer day it just quit working completly. I Took it back to the shop and they could not figure out what was causing the clutch not to engage. It isnt froze up. We checked to see if it gets power and it does.

Edited by YoungQuestFan

one really hot summer day it just quit working completly. I Took it back to the shop and they could not figure out what was causing the clutch not to engage.

Was the engine hot. Clt temp kill switch

Was the engine hot. Clt temp kill switch

I do not believe it was hot when I took it back to the shop to have the clutch diagnosed. It is that compressor on my car right now that I am talking about if you want to look at it Phil. I have that upper hose, belt and the other compressor here at my house.

could be a bad low or high pressure switch(if equipped)? or overtemp switch(is so equipped)..?

See that is what I was thinking. Anyone know if my 87 has such a switch? Mine is also converted to R134a

Edited by YoungQuestFan

S

So what you're saying is you have a good working compressor? Would you like to sell it to me? I have two compressors but I am pretty sure one is no good and the other has been sitting open for a good while...

Its still not out yet, hence its on my "to do" list, but if you still need it when I get around to removing it, I will let you know.

See that is what I was thinking. Anyone know if my 87 has such a switch? Mine is also converted to R134a

The overtemp switch is located on the T-stat housing. Just ground the wire going to that switch.

oh and my AC works.

My A/C has been repaired, however, as Maxzillian put it, it was more like a proof of concept, than an actual repair, LOL.

Since then, one of the hoses has sprung a leak, and the system has lost it's refrigerant. Another hose, and another recharge....maybe it will work. I mean work well.

Tim

mine doesn't.. the two middle ones either aren't doing anything, or blowing out heat. sometimes heat is coming from the foot wells. and the two outermost vents are always blowing out cool-ish air.

POS auto air conditioning. one of the only things i hate about these cars

The overtemp switch is located on the T-stat housing. Just ground the wire going to that switch.

oh and my AC works.

What if that wire and that harness is completly gone? haha mine is MPI, Phinko pulled my stock harness or is in the process anyway.

What if that wire and that harness is completly gone? haha mine is MPI, Phinko pulled my stock harness or is in the process anyway.

Same answer. The harness isn't gone. You didn't remove the wires all the way back to the AC controls. Find it and ground it.