Hate Mitsubishi......

Tipsysmile

Not surprising. It's the eco age. It's not like theres a huge demand for the Evo, you don't see soccer moms knocking down the dealers doors to get to them.

Not surprising. It's the eco age. It's not like theres a huge demand for the Evo, you don't see soccer moms knocking down the dealers doors to get to them.

Also their $40,000+ price tag....

Eeeehhhhh... Honestly, with news like that prepare for the end of Mitsubishi as a car manufacture at least in the US market.

They stopped the Eclipse. Now they are not seeing a continuation of the Evo. Which probably mean the Ralliart (which has been desolved) Sportback will go too. So now they'll have the Gallant and the Lancer, neither of which have been rated well against competitors. They offer a few also ran SUV/Crossovers as well, but these are in direct conflict with this new direction, just as the Evo is. It has been rumored for the past few years, but I think it is a given now; Prepare for Mitsu to leave the US market.

Yea that is sad. I can remember waiting to see the first evo at the dealership. Me and my buddy would go there once a week just waiting for them to get there first one in. We always thought they should have brought the car over to the states years before they did. Its a shame that they are going to do away with it. There's a market for these types of cars but not as big as the eco cars. Unfortunately the eco cars are cheaper and get better gas mileage which in this economy is a huge plus and with gas prices rising makes you wish you had one but they are not as fun or as good looking as the evo or eclipse or the conquest. I can only hope that they bring one of them back one day and the dont close the bloomington plant down because a lot of people from were I'm from will be out of jobs. They produce 75 percent of the cars in the US.

i never really liked any mitsu cars except the one they produced 1983-90 and the 1g eclipse, otherwise most of them just don't do it for me. The evo is way overpriced imo and i hate when people compare it to mustang gt bc there is about a 10-13000 difference in price.

In the near future, the only Mitsu we will be able to buy are TV's. :lol: I just wonder what will happen to our parts once they shut their doors in the US?

Oh great, so Mitsu will join the ranks of all others (sarcasm!). That way, all new autos will look ridiculous...still not sure why more MPG requires all cars to look the same. All smiling in the front, and shaped like an easter egg. :mad:

N8