I'm not one to like gliders...

Metric-man

Interesting cut outs in the headpanel.

Though I was under the impression all 88/89 widebodies in the world came with the 2.6L ( or was that to japan only )

I wonder if Mech has seen them.

Edited by Fanta

WT... I'm not liking the bumper and holes in the headder panel. That stuff plus the rear wing hurt the aerodynamics of the car. The front bumper + the headder panel mod just allow more air to flow under the car increasing lift.

The color is ok

Interesting cut outs in the headpanel.

Though I was under the impression all 88/89 widebodies in the world came with the 2.6L ( or was that to japan only )

I wonder if Mech has seen them.

I'm assuming they both have 4G63 conversions. I hate the flatside. The widebody looks nice though. and if you look at the tread on the front of the widebody, you can see some camber issues. :lol:

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj70/mermerdon2/StarionsinCyprus003.jpg

Mario is missing his car or this guy traded.

http://images.wikia.com/villains/images/4/46/CarsChickHicks.jpg

Edited by Indiana

he's being sarcastic

also pretty sure all 88/89 fatties were 2.6L - otherwise its weird that this only applied to Japan

I figured. Lol I was not clear-headed when I read this last.

Wikipedia is your friend..

A number of models existed throughout the world during 1982 to 1990.

Japan2.0 L 4G63 engine, apart from GSR-VR which has 2.6 L [Mitsubishi engine#G54B].

The Japanese domestic market had a large range of Starions to choose from.

GX - 1982–1983 (non turbo)

GSR-I,GSR-II,GSR-III, GSR-X - 1982–1984

GSR-II, GSR-III,GSR-X,GSR-V - 1985–1986 - can be distinguished from the earlier starions by driving lights in the front bumper

GSR-V - 1986–1987 - some had Sirius Dash engine

GSR-VR - 1987–1990 (widebody)

The Roman numeral after 'GSR' denotes the vehicle specification. Some examples can be found below:

GSR-I - base model

GSR-II - power steering and electric windows

GSR-III - improved audio system, trip computer system, digital dash cluster, and air conditioning.

GSR-X - leather interior replaced the cloth, climate control, air conditioning, cruise control

Australia2.0 L 4G63 engine.

Australian vehicles were mostly similar to the European Turbo specification. The J codes below denote the model version, and are found on the Australian Vehicle Information Plates.

JA - 1982–1984

JB - 1984–1985

JD - 1985–1987

North AmericaIt was marketed in North America by Mitsubishi as the Starion from 1983 until 1989 and by Chrysler as the Conquest under both the Dodge and Plymouth names from 1984 to 1986 and under the Chrysler name from 1987 until 1989.

2.6 L G54B engine. with TD05-12A Mitsubishi turbocharger

Mitsubishi

LS

ES

ESI

LE

ESI-R - widebody, all others above are narrowbody

Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth

TSi

Technica (this was a narrowbody package without intercooler)

Europe2.0 L 4G63 engine with MHI TC06-11A turbocharger, apart from GSR-VR which has 2.6 L 4G54 engine with TD05-12A TC.[4]

EX II - flatbody with intercooler

EX - luxury version

Turbo - base model

With the exception of Australia, many models were available as either narrowbody or widebody shell styles.

According to that Japaneese cars got the 2.6 liter in 88/89, but Europe got the 2.0 for all years it was there (no GSR-VRs as models). I know I've seen 88/89s over in the UK, so it would seem that 88/89 widebodies in the Europe are the only ones that came with the 2.0 stock?

I want to put this out in public:

Thank you very much Indiana and Burton both for all the information they have given me today. I absolutely love learning new things, and today has been one huge lesson. You guys are friggin awesome!

Wikipedia is your friend..

According to that Japaneese cars got the 2.6 liter in 88/89, but Europe got the 2.0 for all years it was there (no GSR-VRs as models). I know I've seen 88/89s over in the UK, so it would seem that 88/89 widebodies in the Europe are the only ones that came with the 2.0 stock?

Seems that way.

Also that green car is a drift car, so knock what you want, but it serves its purpose

Edited by Fanta