Well It's been awhile and I haven't done much unfortunately, kind of ran into a bump in the road..more literally in the manifold and coolant distribution. . . Where the heater hoses come off the "s" hose at the bottom is open. I've read where people don't run it without reported problems then there's those that do run it and say it should be ran; and I can't find a definitive answer. I'm thinking to just block it as it's holding me up and I'm limited on time. The next thing is how to run the cts and a/c switch. I have an idea but not certain on that either. .If anyone has some insight on any of these matters please share. I really want to get everything going here fairly soon. I did have another problem and that was what to do when is came to running the new MS harness and having my fuel pump, a/c, gauges, ect that was ran off of the oem harness still in working order but I believe I found the answer to that after some more digging into previous posts..here again though if you have knowledge on the subject please share. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to have reference to such a thing in an MPI build thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm still waiting on my intercooler pipes to be finished so I haven't made much progress at all on my car. I miss driving er' my dads Lexus is nice and all but nowhere near as fun as Siren here :P

My wiring is done and I got my ecu mounted in the stock location; seen here:

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab308/LAJits-media/photobucket-3650-1364362932221_zps2566def1.jpg

I hope to never wrestle that blower motor again, what a pain lol.

I'll be picking up my modified magna fuel rail probably tomorrow..by modified I mean AN fittings welded in because brazed on lead is old skoo :lol:

Pictures of that tomorrow...

Anyway for now I'll leave you with a picture taken awhile back but has been re-edited recently. .

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab308/LAJits-media/IMG_0540-4-2tagged_zpse038e286.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

In all this time I got one pipe finalized! Big win <_< not. The guy making the pipe had some drawbacks arise..so one more day for the other side and it's time to crank her over. Hopefully all goes smooth with no leaks, technicalities, ect. I really don't expect any as I've double and triple checked things so yea I am now finally almost there.

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab308/LAJits-media/photobucket-27346-1366252008031_zps099867d5.jpg

tight fit aye?

Edited by StallionProject86

Well, yesterday I got both pipes in place. Went to start the car and nothing except cranking..got the fpr turned up and I got myself a fuel leak from the cap I put in place to cover the oem regulator. Ugh. Anyway tried getting it out with no luck even broke the puller. So it's seen it's end and got JB welded completely. Not exactly the way I wanted to resolve things but I need my car running so that's what was done. I'll be giving it another go this evening so I hope that was my only problem. Edited by StallionProject86

If you have a no start situation, make sure you check to see if you're getting spark at the spark plugs. Also, do you see rpm while cranking in the megasquirt software you're using; Tunerstudio or Megatune? Also, after a few cranks, the megasquirt will flood the engine so you have to floor the pedal and enable the flood clear mode. Edited by CaliConquestAlex

Blast, starting issues are always a big PITA. Hopefully you can get it all figured out before too long and get it back on the road!

Same here.!

If you have a no start situation, make sure you check to see if you're getting spark at the spark plugs. Also, do you see rpm while cranking in the megasquirt software you're using; Tunerstudio or Megatune? Also, after a few cranks, the megasquirt will flood the engine so you have to floor the pedal and enable the flood clear mode.

On the next go around I'll be focused around the spark. As far as software I have none I was under the impression that the base tune included would take care of that, enough to get me to my tuner anyway? That flood clear mode is a good thing to know. I was unaware of that and I'll keep it in mind for next time.

Yeah, definitely pick up a copy of Tuner Studio and register it to get the VE Analyze Live. That program makes tuning your fuel maps an absolute breeze.

You can basically just get your spark and AFR tables set up where you want them, and the fuel tables will pretty much work work themselves out through the autotune feature. Its a VERY useful feature when you want to make a few tweaks to your setup here and there such as boost pressure or accounting for ambient air temps when the seasons change.

You may also have to check your warm up enrichment settings as well as cranking amps maybe? There were a few things I had to fiddle with to get my Miata to fire up for the first time with the MS installed. Do you know if your unit controls fuel pressure on its own? Mine had an additional expansion board installed that allowed me to control fuel pressure based on MAP pressure. It also means you dont have to mess with a stupid fuel pressure regulator. On the Miata, I basically just ran the fuel line directly into the fuel rail, no FPR needed.

Yeah, definitely pick up a copy of Tuner Studio and register it to get the VE Analyze Live. That program makes tuning your fuel maps an absolute breeze.

You can basically just get your spark and AFR tables set up where you want them, and the fuel tables will pretty much work work themselves out through the autotune feature. Its a VERY useful feature when you want to make a few tweaks to your setup here and there such as boost pressure or accounting for ambient air temps when the seasons change.

That does sound quite useful, especially since I don't have a background when it comes to tuning a car, tuned vocals back in the day but this is on a whole other level ahah.

Do you know if your unit controls fuel pressure on its own? Mine had an additional expansion board installed that allowed me to control fuel pressure based on MAP pressure. It also means you dont have to mess with a stupid fuel pressure regulator. On the Miata, I basically just ran the fuel line directly into the fuel rail, no FPR needed.

I'm not positive, I already have the fpr installed though so I'll be running with it.

If there is spark, have someone watch with a timing light while cranking. If it's around 10 degrees before TDC, then it's good. Most likely you don't have enough fuel. Richen it up a bunch to see if it fires.

Alright, would enriching it have to be done through the the tune? I would assume so throwing more pressure at it doesn't change things huh. Well I'll dl that tuner studio to the laptop and go from there.

Thanks guys. I'll be sure to update this once I get the chance to make the adjustments.

So I think I've found my problem there is no rpm signal thus not delivering fuel nor spark. I'm going to be sending it to my tuner shortly so he can correct my mistake(s) and get her dialed in on the dyno. Was really hoping to do this myself but it's been down to long. Luckily my new job is only 2 miles from where I live. I'll be getting my walk on. :lol:

oh and I mocked up my bumber and it seems to me my airdam is just a little to small..

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab308/LAJits-media/photobucket-10532-1367001731391_zps03516e8b.jpg

So that's a bit of a bummer. I need another anyway but it'll have to wait for my finances to pick up some.