Update I've changed the pressure solenoid back to the oem one and the problem didn't change any. .so I'm going to have to say I have an injector issue. I'll be trying to get them flow tested and rebuilt this week to see if I make some progress. .Anyway I got a new part, Bc's radiator cover; thing is awesome I love carbon!

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab308/LAJits-media/The%2086/2011-08-09_12-23-50_725.jpg

thanks again BC!

Edited by StallionProject86

• 1 month later...

Update* Okay so no, injectors are now freshly rebuilt with no change in my cars behavior with the correct ecu installed. .now I'm still using the ecu that I initially thought was for an 87' (with further research it must be from an older 86 the label reads 0197 vs 1177 that came with the car.) because with it, it'll get me from point A to point B. Anyway I am going to perform a boost leak test on it today and we'll see what the results of that are. .

P.s. new part, Auto Meter wideband and that will be going in as soon as I figure out a place to mount it.

P.p.s. .working on getting an MPI set up. :D

Kay good and bad news. First off she passed the boost leak test with flying colors and I got my ecu to cooperate with the car..changed the spark plugs and wires as well as my translators setting. .now the bad part, I took for a swift drive and it starts bucking like a wild horse on me. Edited by StallionProject86

Update I've changed the pressure solenoid back to the oem one and the problem didn't change any. .so I'm going to have to say I have an injector issue. I'll be trying to get them flow tested and rebuilt this week to see if I make some progress. .Anyway I got a new part, Bc's radiator cover; thing is awesome I love carbon!

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab308/LAJits-media/The%2086/2011-08-09_12-23-50_725.jpg

thanks again BC!

i want one :D

what fuel pump are you running?

clogged fuel line?

....i just got mines running today....havent heard her roar in exactly 2 months...she died on me after mod....

i had a bad injector...which was sending too much fuel....i still have a small fuel leak,

Hit up BC mayne I believe he got a second run together.

The fuel pump is stock to my knowledge, and ultimately I think that's the problem. .it's not sending enough fuel up. The reason why it actually runs with the 88-89 ecu in my opinion is because the ecu is sending the signal of a small primary running instead of the two 850's that the 86 computer calls for. .I'm going to have to check the fuel pressure but I think that is the problem. Hopefully she'll be 100% soon. I'm glad to see yours is back up

So, this is where your virtual mechanic thread is.

LOL... how did it run before the MAF-T??

I see that you have a 16g @ 10psi, is the ECU modded with a FCD/zener diode??

Also, here's a repeat question you may have missed from last week, "what's the fuel psi when it's doing this??"

-Robert

Yea I guess it is lol. I just didnt want to start up a whole new one. .and no I have one just isnt connected yet. .Ive actually backed the knob off though it should be at around 8 now.

Fuel pressure im not sure yet need to get a gauge. I'll update the thread when I check it though.

P.s. before the Gm maf it ran the same.

So... you don't have an FCD mod, which means you are hitting fuel cut.

-Robert

...even though in the past it was boosting 10 psi over and over again? I didnt run into any problems before. .it seems like now i'm getting issues on start up

(hesitant to start and when it does the idle is low, about 400) then after about a minute it raises to 900 and then theres the boost issue. .but I think its the fuel pump not up to pare..I will install the fcd though just to be sure..

Alright so here's an update on the drive ability, changed out the fuel pump and installed an Hks fcd nothing changed. .even when adjusting the translator the af gauge stayed pegged at 16..anyway I unplugged the cts and started the car back up now its full on rich with the translator not doing a thing. So Im assuming the cts has been to blame all this time? I will ohm out both cts's I have tomorrow and see what I find.

Well im using a 330 ohm resistor now in place of my of my cts and im still having problems. :(

Really haulted over this could the problem be because I have a 3.5" versus a 3" like most cars are running here. ? I really dont want to sell the car but now my dads getting involved and throwing out the you need to sale it and move on bit. I really want to keep her though but im running low on options here.

Stock was fine for awhile then after the turbo was blown I upped it to the 16g since I had to to replace it anyway. .after that while it was still running fine, the pressure solenoid broke and that's when it seemed to go down hill.. replaced it initially with an egr solenoid and it worked for awhile then slowly it started getting worse so I started changing what I read to cause the problems as well as replacing the solenoid with a known good oem solenoid and since I changed the maf I went with upgrading to future proof the car because I eventually wanted to get the gm maf and translator.

...So anyway I was working on the car and it seems like I'm finally making progress, I have the cts rigged up a little different and the car smoothed out... the thing now is getting it dialed in.. the hks fcd has a separate dial for tuning and when I mess with that I get very big jumps from lean to reach, seems very sensitive I also have everything plugged in map sensor, tps, o2 sensor.

And on a side note I have an older fcd if that makes any difference the only thing that identifies it is the number on the back: FS26587

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab308/LAJits-media/The%2086/droidrevamped.jpg

And as for her condition still very lean even with my Maf-t almost pegged to the rich end. .I'm assuming that my 3.5" maf is just to much for her so I have a 3" on it's way. Hopefully that will clear up the symptoms

WHY SO LEAN..?

Got the 3" MAF on there now and still having problems with WOT & cruise, she leans out AFR reads 17.9 @WOT and around 15-15.4 at cruise..

When I start the car after it cools, it's nice and rich 12-13 then shortly after it climbs to 15-15.2 of course it takes fuel away after it warms but why so much, what's going on here with cruise and wot? I have four sets of 850 injectors and they've all been tested and cleaned. I'm using the stock 850s right now as I've been told that they are 25% richer then the Delphis..but I'm still lean! My translator is set as follows: E,3,8,8 I can't turn the base any richer as it immediately dies. Any insight?

• 3 weeks later...

New set of pictures. . . :)

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab308/LAJits-media/The%2086/IMG_8355edit.jpg

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab308/LAJits-media/The%2086/IMG_8354edit.jpg

. .Same ol' problem. Can't figure this lean thing out, where does my fuel go?? It seems like when I give the car gas it runs lean somewhere around 15.4 is what my wideband reads;yet when I let off the throttle I get about 13.2? Something up with my cable. ? Or is it something that reads positioning? I miss boost!