So I think I've found my problem there is no rpm signal thus not delivering fuel nor spark.

Something like that...

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab308/LAJits-media/photobucket-21050-1367125737473_zpsd98c2fc5.jpg

pin one broke..I lucked out and found the connector though and it only cost me 2 bucks. Still wasn't getting fuel though, (with a paperclip in it's place) things linked. ?

Edited by StallionProject86

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks, appreciate it. Alright I finally got an update got me an rpm signal now. I improperly grounded the quad spark and dizzy. Yea I know, what an idiot. .I thought the valve cover would do the trick but I was wrong. So now I just need fuel and she'll be good to go a last.

• 3 weeks later...
She's running once again! (: found out that the quad spark was incorrectly wired. .I got an air leak at the throttle body causing a rich issue but I should have that fixed in no time. Pictures and/or video to follow soon.

Alright, well I got some cellphone footage sent to me earlier. I forgot how much I love our tractor motor sound lol. She's not road worthy just yet as an oil leak sprang, coming from the inspection opening in the head. Hope to get it sealed up with relative ease.. I really want to take her for a drive... Or slide. :P

• 4 months later...
At long last! The car is actually running as it should. The previous post was running.. but, only on 1 or 2 cylinders. Thanks to @SidewaySStarion and his friend Chris they determined that my ignitions firing order was incorrect. So it's been re-wired and they added a dsm 24-1 tooth wheel. I am so happy you have no idea.! Need to tension up my balance shaft chain next then get her tuned on a dyno and see the numbers (not expecting to much as I'm not going to run much boost for awhile) I still have the 86 rear end and tranny. But still curious.

86 rear end will take some abuse man. I layed down 409 ft lbs of torque and haven't snapped any axles/stripped splines or anything in the rear end assembly. Now what i have done is blown 2 88-89 trans haha. Edited by BOOSTED88tsi

86 rear end will take some abuse man. I layed down 409 ft lbs of torque and haven't snapped any axles/stripped splines or anything in the rear end assembly. Now what i have done is blown 2 88-89 trans haha.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c255/sidewaysstarion/e800342d-04a1-4a9b-91b7-26f3be394da1.jpg

15 pound boost launch at 4,300 rpms says otherwise.

Thanks for that.. but she needs quite a bit of work to be done cosmetically anyway, my focus was set on getting it converted and with that I haven't done much: if anything to help the appearance out.. that's the next step though. And again Mark thank you so much. Good to know there are people amongst me whom are still genuine.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I found the issue with my balance shaft assembly. . .

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab308/LAJits-media/2013-12-23%2020.23.10_zps0g0hvmpz.jpg

does anyone have the part number for this screw? I think I'm going to have a hard time getting another. :(

• 4 weeks later...
So apparently I didn't torque an oil pump bolt to spec and it tore through my timing cover...and of course this is after I put everything back together. So I've only driven it once with the conversion and that drive was full of loss..ran rich as timing wasn't 100%, blew power steering fluid everywhere, and broke the timing case. So depressing.

• 1 month later...

Finally tore her back down... http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab308/LAJits-media/2014-02-23%2015.16.10_zpsdaptguvu.jpg

Looks like the bolt just backed out and didn't affect anything else so that's good. I'll have things back together tomorrow and see what happens. Hopefully nothing aside from running.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if you included the washer behind the guide.

http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u467/tsi_tom/The%20Missouri%20Project/Reassemble%20of%20the%20engine/timing%20assembly/balanceshaftguidewithlockwasher_zpse4e00040.jpg

Edited by tsi_tom

I looked throu your post .. nice ..mine is all stock ..have timing cover, but I need some 86 injectors.maybe we can make a deal.. call me ,,1951-694-5741 have 87 black and just bought 86 with wrong injectors ...

PM'd

Just wondering if you included the washer behind the guide.

To be completely honest I don't believe I saw that at all..oh boy. Well if this happens once more I'll pull the engine and do things up in full detail, engine bay included x new tranny.

• 2 months later...

Update.

So the car is just about ready to leave the tuning shop on off it'll go to a fabricator to re do my intercooler piping in stainless and maybe even a roll cage is to be added. Cant decide fully on that yet. But I'm sure I'll need it eventually running in auto x / rally