The Great Pigeon Forge Convoy REVISED

UlrichWolf

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds great I'm new to the conquest seen just got my first one finally about two months ago and would like to talk to some people that know about these cars. I should have mine done by then and I only live about an hour away.

Where you at?

Tim

Ok, I've made firm plans here....

I will be in Wichita, KS about 6pm on Tuesday the 28th. I will leave Wichita, KS about 8am on Thursday the 30th on my way to St Louis, MO arriving there about 3pm. I will then attempt to meet up with the Wichita convoy coming through St Louis, MO which should be approx 9am. Then will roll into PF with that convoy.

Now, as far as the other legs of the trip....

Cincinnati, OH to Branson, MO on Friday the 24th. Branson, MO to Wichita, KS on Tuesday the 28th. PF to Cincinnati, OH on Monday the 4th. Anyone who can, is free to join up anywhere along my route, I'd enjoy the company.

MY convoy should consist of 3 SQ's, barring any unforeseen issues between now and then.

OK, Larry.....I will begin working how to meet up with you, although, we are not going through St Louis. We will be going through Paducah, KY, taking the southern route, as opposed to I-70 across the upper section of Missouri.

I think what I will do is collaborate with Larry, and try to use Larry's connection waypoint to help time the rest of the trip.

Larry, are you cool with that?

Tim

No problem Tim. Paducah seems like it's going to be a major meeting point after reading through the thread again. Just let me know approx what time you guys plan on being there, and I'll adjust my schedule to be there then.

Any particular reason y'all are using RT 60 instead of I-70?

Edited by slowquest

• 1 month later...

OK, it's been a while, but here's the tentative schedule for the convoy.

Pull out of Wichita at 2 am on Friday.

LEG 1

Wichita to Pittsburg, KS

Pittsburg Travel Plaza

10867 NE Hwy 69

Pittsburg, KS 66762

160 miles - 3 hrs, 5 min.

ETA - 5:05A

LEG 2

Pittsburg, KS to Springfield, MO

Quik Trip 0134

325 W Cardinal St

Springfield, MO 65810

97 miles - 1 hr, 47 min.

ETA - 6:52A

LEG 3

Springfield, MO to Calvert City, KY

Love's Travel Stop 348

2966 US Hwy 62

Calvert City, KY 42029

313 miles - 5 hrs 31 min.

ETA - 12:23P

LEG 4

Calvert City, KY to Knoxville, TN

Pride Oil 9

5016 Rutledge Pike

Knoxville, TN 37914

299 miles - 4hr 48 min

ETA - 6:11P - (Time zone change)

LEG 5

Knoxville, TN to Pigeon Forge, TN

Vacation Lodge

3450 Parkway

Pigeon Forge, TN 37863

32 miles - 42 min

ETA - 7:03P

OK, there's my proposed trip, please review the locations, if you other convoy guys want to tie in, let me know, and I can make that happen, if we need to add a stop, or whatever.

This is subject to modification, I know some people at Branson will want to join, and then again, they may not. My Springfield stop is specifically for the Branson folks, and if no one wants to join there, I will reorder the waypoints based on who wants to join up where.

Let me know!

Tim

Edited by UlrichWolf

Ok, I've made firm plans here....

I will be in Wichita, KS about 6pm on Tuesday the 28th. I will leave Wichita, KS about 8am on Thursday the 30th on my way to St Louis, MO arriving there about 3pm. I will then attempt to meet up with the Wichita convoy coming through St Louis, MO which should be approx 9am. Then will roll into PF with that convoy.

Now, as far as the other legs of the trip....

Cincinnati, OH to Branson, MO on Friday the 24th. Branson, MO to Wichita, KS on Tuesday the 28th. PF to Cincinnati, OH on Monday the 4th. Anyone who can, is free to join up anywhere along my route, I'd enjoy the company.

MY convoy should consist of 3 SQ's, barring any unforeseen issues between now and then.

Larry, I'm going to Branson on the 24th too, I'm leaving chicago here at 6am. what route you taking? possibly meet part way.

-Justin

Justin, I apoligize for not updating this sooner, but my plans for Branson are cancelled.

My wife has to have surgery and the doc says she can't sit in the car for that length of time. We must stop about every hour and let her get out and walk around for at least 15 minutes, The 14-16 hour trip would then take us 2 days to complete....each way...lol

Sorry to all who may have expected us to be there.

• 4 weeks later...
I know it would be a long shot, and I know it would be difficult to stay together once we got into heavy traffic. But I think it would be cool if as many people as possible could get together off of the exit and roll into PF. That is depending on what route everyone plans to take, arrival times etc. Just an opinion.

I know it would be a long shot, and I know it would be difficult to stay together once we got into heavy traffic. But I think it would be cool if as many people as possible could get together off of the exit and roll into PF. That is depending on what route everyone plans to take, arrival times etc. Just an opinion.

Great idea, but everybody will be getting in at different times. I caught word this weekend from a friend of mine who was just in Georgia, last week....I-75 is all construction. This will set back folks (including myself) who will be traveling I-75.

Great idea, but everybody will be getting in at different times. I caught word this weekend from a friend of mine who was just in Georgia, last week....I-75 is all construction. This will set back folks (including myself) who will be traveling I-75.

Do you know which sections of I-75?

Tim, I will be coming out of Indy if all goes to plan (Branson meet then IN to see friends then PF). If I-75 has a lot of construction, I can try to meet up with the convoy in Nashville instead of my normal Indy to Cinci to Knox route.

Do you know which sections of I-75?

Tim, I will be coming out of Indy if all goes to plan (Branson meet then IN to see friends then PF). If I-75 has a lot of construction, I can try to meet up with the convoy in Nashville instead of my normal Indy to Cinci to Knox route.

Hey Tex...... If you're going through Cincy you need to jump on our convoy.

Chad-