Help with auto tranny problem

twalls

Hoping their is some one out there that is very fimilar with our auto trannies. What started off as a simple engine swap has grown into tranny issues. After swaping the engine I initially had no OD. Pulled the tranny and went through it and rebuilt it with new friction discs and plates also a few new bearings. After reinstalling th tranny still had no OD. Thinking it may be the valve body I swaped in a different valve body and everything seemed to be working fine for two days, then yesterday no overdrive again. Is there something stupid I am overlooking? Any Ideas?

I've read somewhere that if the vacuum modulator (located on the drivers side of the tranny) is not hooked up or needs replaced, this can happen... also if the switch in the shifter handle is faulty, same thing. Could it perhaps be one of these items?

Get the FSM and go thru the auto transmisson section. Lots of OD posts there. During the rebuild if the OD drum and Band was good that would leave the one way sprag in the Direct clutch(OD drum buildup). That topic came up the other day on a post from Rabbit1. OD is turned off electically and it won't engage until the engine is warmed up.

you had books to do a rebuild on the tranny but not show the OD system , default on our tranny is OD on , most are OD off

that means if you unplug'd both solonids on the drivers side of the trans it should go straight from 3'd to OD on the up shift

Pretty meticulous on the swap, did get the bushing in the crank. Only thing that I forgot was where the rubber vent line off the top of the tranny goes. Hopefully I will eventually figure it out.

Pretty meticulous on the swap, did get the bushing in the crank. Only thing that I forgot was where the rubber vent line off the top of the tranny goes. Hopefully I will eventually figure it out.

it's just that a vent line, goes toward the top of the trans houseing near the block , then open , if your in florida, bugs will plug it up every week or so

Thanks Shelby that is what I had done with the line. Had thought it might plug into a canister somewhere but couldn't locate it, so that is reassuring that it is open ended.