Fed Up with idiots

DzNutz

Well I sat him down and told him my take the whole thing. He really likes the car and really wants to drive it but is willing to take some time now and get to know the FSM and learn about the car.

I did tell him to NEVER text me that he got his arse whooped by a Honda again while the car should be setting in the garage. Told him that was my spark that set it off. Also told him I will do my best to be patient with him as long as he is patient with the car.

Think the air is cleared a bit for now.

Thanx for all the advice and inputs on this. I know it was as much my fault as his.

Well I sat him down and told him my take the whole thing. He really likes the car and really wants to drive it but is willing to take some time now and get to know the FSM and learn about the car.

I did tell him to NEVER text me that he got his arse whooped by a Honda again while the car should be setting in the garage. Told him that was my spark that set it off. Also told him I will do my best to be patient with him as long as he is patient with the car.

Think the air is cleared a bit for now.

Thanx for all the advice and inputs on this. I know it was as much my fault as his.

That's really good to hear! It's not easy to reflect and see our own role in conflicts, and it sounds like you did that well. Maybe he will be a big contributor here on the boards someday, and you will have played a pivotal part in that if it happens.

I don't think his lack of mechanical knowledge is the real problem. Seems to me this kid needs to learn how to act when someone is doing him a favor. He should feel privileged to have someone come and help him on it.

This should be a sticky in the VM and AVM Forums and labeled: "Required reading before posting for help"

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

look it's real easy , if you do the work then he's not learning any thing .

you find a confortable chair a cold drink and say heres what YOU DO ;)

Already on it Shelby. I got him hooked up with a FSM and have him trying to do some research and learn about the car. I'm not under his hood anymore. Just trying to get him off his phone and on a computer so he can get in here and access some of the info here.

You know, I could deal with the fact that he's having issues learning the car. I could work through the lack of desire to do the work himself. The thing that disturbs me and I would NOT stand for is the fact that untitled, untagged, and obviously uninsured, he recklessly took the car on the road, challenged a Honda to an ILLEGAL street race, lost the race, and immediately instead of saying, "Dizam I was STUPID for doing something that will A.) get me tossed in jail, and B.) get my car impounded" to himself, he turns around and texts you telling you that it needs to be fixed to be faster.

If that isn't the ULTIMATE slap in the face and a sure sign of disrespect, I don't know what is. Now I'm all about giving someone a second chance, but I'd be SURE that the fool kid KNOWS if he even CONSIDERS taking it out without it being 100% legal again that you won't be talking cars with him EVER again. It's fools like that that end up causing accidents and getting people killed just because they think they have to prove they've got bigger balls than the idiot in the car next to him.

You know, I could deal with the fact that he's having issues learning the car. I could work through the lack of desire to do the work himself. The thing that disturbs me and I would NOT stand for is the fact that untitled, untagged, and obviously uninsured, he recklessly took the car on the road, challenged a Honda to an ILLEGAL street race, lost the race, and immediately instead of saying, "Dizam I was STUPID for doing something that will A.) get me tossed in jail, and B.) get my car impounded" to himself, he turns around and texts you telling you that it needs to be fixed to be faster.

If that isn't the ULTIMATE slap in the face and a sure sign of disrespect, I don't know what is. Now I'm all about giving someone a second chance, but I'd be SURE that the fool kid KNOWS if he even CONSIDERS taking it out without it being 100% legal again that you won't be talking cars with him EVER again. It's fools like that that end up causing accidents and getting people killed just because they think they have to prove they've got bigger balls than the idiot in the car next to him.

That was what burned my fuse up. I told him not to do it again and ESPECIALLY never tell me he did. My father in law and a lot of friends are police officers here in town and I told him that they are watching for his car now. I told them to look for it and gave them pictures.

He was a bit butt hurt that I had more pictures of his car than he did, lol. I got em from PDawg on the 26 chat a while back. LMAO

He promised not to do that again. We shall see.

Your pissing in the wind dood , been there, done what you speak of and will never return to it in this lifetime or any other :) , i know of less painful full contact sports. Edited by scottygibb

Your pissing in the wind dood , been there, done what you speak of and will never return to it in this lifetime or any other :) , i know of less painful full contact sports.

http://kkop.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/scared.jpg

ashamed a man can't speak his mind overhere....

might i suggest before leaving form helping him

"start" "fixing" something that "needs" fixed, that intern disables the vehicle?

granted im the same way as far as Patience, i have none. i got a new toy, i wanna drive lol

thouhg i can work on a car, as said from another member, this car is new to me. bring me a miata i can fix it, s10's as well. this is a different car. that alone, not including age

Have you tried beatings....several beatings...nothing says pay attention like a wrench upside the head

"If you can dodge a wrench......"

I think he is butt hurt now. My cell phone has been quite the last week.