Need to know what to look for

Fanta

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not the only one who's said that. But people hate the auto version because in stock form it's a weak trans. But when built right that trans will hold alot of power.

not necessarily in stock form but 20 year old and tired form. i might still send mine to level 10 and hopefully do it once and right.

not necessarily in stock form but 20 year old and tired form. i might still send mine to level 10 and hopefully do it once and right.

Well I've heard people say even after a stock rebuild they will slip on a modified car. But again it's how you build it that matters. Once you understand how an auto trans works it becomes easy to modify. I find it easier to rebuild/modify an auto than doing a stock rebuild on a manual. I want to get an auto SQ one day and build it up to prove what autos can do.

Agreed, to a point. I'd like to see all of them saved, but it'll only happen if the right person buys it. You all want to get on him for not buying it for $1k, but how come there's nobody ready to step up, throw down the cash, and buy it themselves?

It's a VERY fixable car, and I've seen people spend more to get less, but I'd rather see that car get bought by a member and FULLY parted properly, rather than see nobody buy it and have it end up in a junkyard only to have half of the good parts stripped before it headed to the crusher.

That being said, the body work on that car would be pretty cake. Somebody should buy that car and fix it up. But if nobody is gonna fix it, then it should still go to someone who will make sure ALL the parts that can be used are used to keep other cars on the road.

Don't get me wrong Burton, I'm not getting on him at all for not buying it. I'm getting on the vulture that said to buy it just to part it out. I understand people can't afford things I know I'm in the same boat myself but I'm not going to buy an '88 Starion that's got a good chance of revival just to part it out to make a few extra bucks over what I paid for it like some people have suggested to do already.

Well he sent me an email saying he could do $800.

After much contemplation, I think I'll do it. Not to part it out either. Granted I'm sort of broke at the moment now after all the bills I just paid, but d_veneable did help me out with a plan.

i still say hold out for 500$. if hes down to 800, then hes needing the cash. be patient grasshopper.

I'm going to hold out for a little bit longer since I'm " waiting to hear back from what my friend who does body work says will cost to fix it "

But - a very good point was brought up. It's a good driving car. It's fixable. No need to part it out. And you know I will easily rock out a dent with no issue.

I'm going to hold out for a little bit longer since I'm " waiting to hear back from what my friend who does body work says will cost to fix it "

But - a very good point was brought up. It's a good driving car. It's fixable. No need to part it out. And you know I will easily rock out a dent with no issue.

we will talk about the quarter panel issues, but dont worry too much its not gonna hurt too badly. i think i may even have a white fender from my parts car. the header panel might be saveable. hard to say from pics. but i still say hold out for 500$an outside absolute tops of 600$ remember youve got to pay to get it home, i dont have a truck at the moment so im of no help there. and be certain(as possible)that it has a clean title.

we will talk about the quarter panel issues, but dont worry too much its not gonna hurt too badly. i think i may even have a white fender from my parts car. the header panel might be saveable. hard to say from pics. but i still say hold out for 500$an outside absolute tops of 600$ remember youve got to pay to get it home, i dont have a truck at the moment so im of no help there. and be certain(as possible)that it has a clean title.

Pfft, I'm going to throw a rim and tire on the car and see if I can drive it home :lol: towing would be almost another $100+

... not to mention I also have my eyes lurking on another car as well

Edited by Fanta