how much hp would this give me?

wanna upgrade car but dont have alot of money. what do you think this would give me? (hp?)

upgrade injectors to about 75 pounds?

upgrade fuel pump.

bigger turbo (t3/t4?)

modded throttle body if i can find it.

still looking around. would love to go with mpi but dont have the money. any suggestions would be helpful. thanks

for the injectors you need something to control the fuel, because the stock ECU isn't built for that much fuel. You will need a wide band gauge to monitor your AFRs, along with something like a SAFC to control fuel maps. upgraded fuel pump won't give you horsepower, but allow you to upgrade other things safely. It will probably make the car feel better, such as faster throttle response, since the new pump will have instant feedback. bigger turbo....thats a whole can of worms. T3/t4 means custom intake pipe (not hard), custom downpipe (will need fabbing), custom hardpipe going from the turbo to the IC, probably need aftermarket braided oil and coolant lines to it since the stock hard lines won't match up, you'll need those new injectors for the turbo, possibly an external wastegate set up, custom adapter or all new custom exhaust manifold, or an aftermarket like treadstone or south florida performance... ported TB would just let more air in...might lean out your AFR so you will definitely want a wideband and a fuel controller if you do the TB.

Now, how much HP will that give you? who knows. it's a 20 year old car, you may gain 5 hp from something if the stock part was tip top shape, but you could gain 20 hp if that stock part was worn out and robbing power. Read, read, and read some more until you completely understand how the car makes it's power, and how changing certain things will cause the engine to react. I have been on this forum everyday for 8-9 months learning theses cars so I can properly repair and modify my car. Speaking of which, MAKE SURE YOUR CAR IS RUNNING PERFECTLY before doing any mods...mods will just make that problem WORSE.

read up, learn everything. Don't shoot for a certain HP number until you get some basic mods done. those basic mods will change the whole way the car feels, and from there you can properly decide what kind of numbers you wanna make. You'd be suprised how different a car feels once its tuned up to how it was new, and then those little mods like more boost, a little bigger turbo like 14g, 16g, ect.

It's not all about who has the absolute most power... cause someone is usually gonna beat you lol, those drag racers make insane numbers :lol:

-Justin

2-75 lbs injectors on a TBI set up is a waste. You will be way to rich at start up, and way to lean on boost. Stock primary is appox. 55 lbs.Secondary is appox. 110 lbs. As far as a large turbo...............you haven't even started yet, why introduce things that won't work???? Aftermarket injectors are 65/95 lbs. You need to do some reading as far as modding your car. Getting it running at 100% stock should be your main priority before you even think about anything else. I run a 95 lb. Primary and a 110 lb. Secondary. Look at my mods!!!! Things are not done overnight. Get it running right on your stock set up via the Starquest FAQ Forum and post back.Pumping horsepower thru a G54B takes more than injectors and a large Turbo to accomplish it.Start out slow, and work your way up. Listen to members who have done this and follow their advice.It is like you said: "I don't have a lot of money". Why are you talking about a T3/4 ? That turbo is a lot of money. Get your car running right at stock specifications first.Then, that is the time to ask pertinent information about upgrading.We are here to help you, not to give false information.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

the absolute best first mod on one of these cars is , gut the pre cat,, then up size the entire exhust system to a min 2.5"

this is after a full 100% all systems check and all systems @ 100 %

but a biger exh will help power increase any mod you do to the car in the future , and if not done will hurt any mod you do to the car if not done

You can make decent power on a TBI system. Quite a few guys have broken into the 300HP range on TBI.

Its best when you run those after market injectors using a MAF translator and a GM mass air sensor. With the GM/MAF-T

set up you get a lean to stoich metric values at cruise and idel, on Boost its where it should be.

My friend's car is on a GM/MAF T set up with a Super 16g turbo and delphi injectors 800cc/1000, bigger TB and it runs like a champ.

If you are going to get into MPI and T3/t4 turbos, it'll cost way more than bolting on an upgraded TD05 turbo and pluging in a mass translator and GM sensor.

Edited by DieHARDmitsu.

the absolute best first mod on one of these cars is , gut the pre cat,, then up size the entire exhust system to a min 2.5"

this is after a full 100% all systems check and all systems @ 100 %

but a biger exh will help power increase any mod you do to the car in the future , and if not done will hurt any mod you do to the car if not done

Or maybe follow the advice from others in this thread. "Install a Boost Controller, turn it way up and blow the crap out of your motor" I just don't understand the reasoning behind some of the advice given here.I thought we were here to help members??

I have read only two replies in this thread that actually will help the poster out.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

I think you're one of the two Shelby.

Scott

;) Shelby help me out on my car in 2002. I didn't know crap about these cars or Turbo motors. He pointed me in the right direction.I owe him a lot!!! This is why some members don't ever post for help, by listening to the "old timers", you too can go about modding your car the correct way. In steps, that have been proven to work over the long haul. Shelby told me something years ago that I have never forgotten: "The higher you boost a Turbo above recommended boost levels, the shorter the lifespan is on it" Turbos are after all expensive... Installing a Manual Boost Controller on a engine that hasn't been checked out to run at 100% is just plain old: "Putting the cart before the horse" mentality.Do what it takes to get your car running at 100%, then think about modding it.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308