What aftermarket F.P.R works best on a conquest?

stonetree

I've used two types, the MSD 2222 and the Aeromotive 13109. Both work the same. The MSD unit is cheaper, but what i dont like about it is, you have to mount it in series with the stock FPR via a line, braided or rubber. Most fuel injection line is only rated for 50 lbs, so you end up riding around hoping the line doesnt rupture. As you can see in the picture, that line see's what ever fuel pressure your pushing.

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp121/hschwartz3/1987%20Mitsubishi%20Starion/Engine_center-1.jpg

My solution was to cut off the stock fpr, tap the hole for 12mm x 1.50, buy an aeromotive 13109 fpr, a Russel -6ANx12mm adapter, use a copper crush washer, and mount it to the existing TB....done.

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp121/hschwartz3/1987%20Mitsubishi%20Starion/Meets/2010meet3.jpg

I like my Aeromotive 13105 it is a compact FPR that doesn't take up a lot of space (30 to 70 psi). Check here: www.SummitRacing.com Part no. AEI-13105. I have also ran the MSD-2222, it is a functional unit that does the job and is reasonably priced.

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

Is the stock regualtor a 1:1 or is it a rrfpr?

Yes, it is a 1 to 1 but, in order to adjust it to increase your fuel pressure,it doesn't have that option. That is why members who want the option to be able to increase their fuel pressure install a "Adjustable" RRFPR and a Fuel pressure gauge for reading it to enable them to adjust it for their engines need.

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

I have an 86 conquest, what are my choices for an aftermarket FPR ? Also how do I plumb it into the stock throttle body?

What other mods are done to this car? Its its stock you shouldn't be messing with fuel pressure it will only eat up the clutch. What boost pressures are you wanting and from what turbo? The only thing you'll get from a new FPR is a car that is puking rich except at WOT on maxed out shifts. What you should consider instead of the FPR is a fuel translator of some type like a SAFC or Maf translator that way you can modify the injector pulses and this way its adjustable and when you have fuel pressure increased past stock levels then anytime you push the pedal to the floor and the boost is made that has way too much fuel at the lower rpms, from say 2700-5500 that you can not use and burn that fuel and you won't like how the car runs at all.