SDS OR FIP ?

uhhhh.....details????

FIP is dead unless your buying a car that already has it or its used. I run FIP and like it but have never touched MS or SDS. FIP has its perks.

But come on, be more specific.

They were most likely either lazy or ignorant.

MS is extremely affordable and capable. It only requires you do some research, ask questions, and learn.

DITTO!

SDS - MANY use it and love it. Its really straight forward and uses its own controller to make changes, rather than a laptop that is needed for the 2 mentioned above. The SDS will cost you alot more than a MS although they do the same thing (MS actually can do alot more).

Plain and simple, both the MS and the SDS are good set-ups and you can make good power. Its up to you to research and do you homework before pulling the trigger.

If you source a FIP (FC-1S=fuel only ECU), Scott87star can re-flash it and add an ignition driver that can control Fuel and Ignition (basically makes it in to a MS) - this is what I did and it turned out GREAT!

If you are looking for MS - PLUG N PLAY - contact Scott87star also, he now offers complete PLUG N PLAY MS for our cars. Here is his contact info;

Elutions Design Bureau

Scott Thompson

14106 Radford Park Circle

Houston, TX 77062

281 513 8778

Paypal addy: sales@elutionsdesign.com

Edited by NotStock88

you could run the tach signal off the distributor if ya wanted.

^True... but why screw around with dialing in a VR signal. Just drop the extra $200 and pick up a 101 trigger wheel with a junkyard/Ebay EDIS? It's really foolproof since we all have proven timing maps to share.

Edited by psu_Crash

^True... but why screw around with dialing in a VR signal. Just drop the extra $200 and pick up a 101 trigger wheel with a junkyard/Ebay EDIS? It's really foolproof since we all have proven timing maps to share.

dood i know :lol:

i'm not saying i reccommend it... i'm just saying it can be done.

you know me better than that. i hate distributors

The Magna dizzy has a plug on the side for the ignition pulse signal to be used instead of a crank trigger/magnets/etc. I have a few of those if you decide to go that route. Sounds like a lot of homework needs to be done to figure out whats best for you. I went SDS since it's very well known, and you can always find help with it. Most techs I've spoken to outside of these do-it-yourself forums, well, hate to say it, but they all hate to deal with MegaSquirt, and prefer SDS, or of course even more high-end standalone systems. They of course, like what they know. MS has it's risks, especially if you're not savy enough to build the board yourself with a soldering gun. The tuning process is a bit different between these two.

You can run the SDS 2 diff. ways

1- keep the stock distrib. and use it to run the spark with a coil/MSD ignition

2- remove the stock distrib. and use coil packs as mentioned above to supply the spark

The magna distrib. won't work with the SDS however. The signal isn't compatible. SDS comes with the magnets & pickup for the crank pulley though.