ok yet another 2jz project

vettekiller593

• 2 weeks later...
Ok so the car got tuned and dynoed on monday. The tuner Brad Brooks is a great tuner. I dont have a hks DLI so i could only run 17lbs of boost by gapping the plugs to 22. The car made 397 to the wheels on 17lbs and pump gas and a heat soaked engine. Turbo was burning oil pretty bad so I will need to replace it but thats a good start for its first dyno after just being started for the first time a few weeks ago. The car pulls crazy on the street. More to come soon.

I know your neighbors hate u :lol: mine do

I LOVE HIS NEIGBOORHOOD

i was there this morning, they all have muscles and tuners

i wana move in in his location :D

the white quest with black hood is sexy, he wouldnt trade for my stock quest :( lol

sadly his blue quest was still in painters, so i didnt get to see it :(

Edited by Skullzaflare

Nice Quest!!! I miss my 2jz quest soooo much

Just get another one lol matt and I started on sunday with another 2j swapped conquest and would have been done yesterday with the major stuff but we got held up with trying to figure out why we were not getting spark. Anyways all left to do is put the exhaust on.

Nice looking swap! I can't wait to see the finished project.

What are you using for gauges? I take it the factory gauges cannot be converted for use with the 2JZ?

A couple of questions as I am SLOWLY moving along on my 2JZ swap.

1. What motor mounts are you guys using? Serpent... do you have pictures? You're doing multiple swaps so you must have the motor mount thing down. I thought you said you were modifying the OEM Quest stuff?

2. Has anyone found a way to keep the Cruise Control? My schematics here indicate it uses the ECM as part of the CC system.

3. Anyone keeping their A/C?

If there is enough interest in motor mounts when I get my car back from the paint shop I will pull my mounts off and make a few set with my engine in the car. If I try to make them with out the engine there is no guarantee they will turn out straight or centered.

Are you using solid mounts or adapting the OEM 2.6L mounts?

Oh ok...I was gonna make a set of engine mounts...but since it was not really directed to me...I'll pass..I am making intakes ATM.

I have your drawings.. and pictures but that is the piece that bolts to the frame or bolts to the engine?

I thought Serpent told me he was using modified Quest mounts.

• 2 weeks later...

The motor runs so smooth there is not really any vibration when driving. I think it feels like stock.

Serpent did modify his stocks mounts. I did not make his for him.

What intercooler did you use?

I notice in one of your pictures you still had the Cruise Control cable and canister attached. Did you find a way to use it or just hadn't gotten it removed at that point?