Insurance ??

mgrissom

Needing some help with some information/what to do.. I know someone here might know a ton more than me and my dad.

Lets see... I got ran off the road by a 'intoxicated' driver, ran me off into a 6+ foot ditch and he kept going.. Few miles down the road he was caught in someones yard, wrecked, messed up my back/neck, and my side/hip has just started hurting where i've had problems from my pelvic kidney.

Two people went and identified the truck, and it was the truck just as described before anyone saw it.. It ended up being the guys business truck he was high on pills while driving. I've already been told that they can prove it was him, so his insurance 'should' cover it? I know I should contact my insurance, but what should I do about getting this guy fired, or at least the company not allowing him to drive. He's putting many people in danger by wreckless driving, speeding down the wrong side of the road/ect..

My rims are done for, and my front/rear bumpers are messed, front fender started to wrinkle and chipped some paint off. I'm also now having white smoke coming from my car when it idles. It's cracked my turbo manifold, because I now have a huge exhaust leak. As I didn't have one before, because I JUST got it back on the road 5 minutes before I was put into the ditch

I know this is probably jibber jabber, but I just got back from the hospital and I've been in a ton of pain and they gave me some loratabs.

Thanks.

Edit; This is BlowinUp54b's (greg).. I'm just on my brothers laptop.

Edited by mgrissom

Even if it was the other driver's fault you still need to contact your own insurance agent so that THEY can also assess any damages done to your car (so dont go removing or fixing anything until they can verify it). Has a police report been filed in conjuction with the accident(s)? If so, get a copy (or two) to have for your agent (and your own records and possibly to hand to the other guy's insurance company in case he slacks off).

Also get to a doctor to look into your injuries, file those as sustained from the accident as well.

Chances are good the individual driving will try everything they can to weasel out of there responsibilities (same with the person's insurance co.) so it may also come down to legal action, again keep records of everything and photograph ALL damage done (helps to have pictures of what the car looked like prior to the accident as well as reciepts to back up any work done that was just undone.)

Hope this little bit helps and good luck sticking it to the alleged pill poppin nondriving SOB.

Lawyer up, and hit him hard.

As for getting him fired, you'll need a police report as InvolvedRotary mentioned. They should've cited him and hopefully done blood tests. If there is a report, and the intoxicated state he was in is provable/documented, then you can talk with the lawyer you hire about bringing suit against the company aswell.

Sounds like you have back problems from the accident. You need a Chiropractor NOT a Dr. Docs will just give you pills, a chiropractor will be able to fix your injuries.

FYI chiropractors are cheaper too. Usually around $40-50 a visit.

Edited by ucw458

Lawyer up, and hit him hard.

As for getting him fired, you'll need a police report as InvolvedRotary mentioned. They should've cited him and hopefully done blood tests. If there is a report, and the intoxicated state he was in is provable/documented, then you can talk with the lawyer you hire about bringing suit against the company aswell.

There is a report, but they couldn't arrest him due to no one being able to I.D him and just I.Ding the truck. I'm sure all the cops, and a bunch of the people who were helping me out saw that he was intoxicated.

We're going to talk to a lawyer Monday or so.

If you have full coverage and your insurance works as it does here, if your insurance covers your medical/damage, then they sic their lawyers on that company to re-coop their losses. that along with a personal suit, could get you back close to before the accident condition.

Just don't let up. People like that are going to kill someone eventually if they are not stopped.

JR

Oh man what a relief. Sorry no offence dude but it was great to see that pic and realize it was just a miata that went into the ditch and not a SQ.

No offense taken. I'd be 100% more pissed if it was my old Conquest in the ditch.

we don't have full coverage... only liability. remember, it's a miata and not a SQ.

damn glad he wasn't driving mine!

the "pest control business" has a small fleet of trucks/drivers... not sure yet if it's the business owner or more than likely just an employee.