Yep....That'll Make It Run Poorly

jonboyb

Can't say I don't go big:) Believe it or not it still cranked better than most MPI cars I've seen even with this mess between 2 and 3. This was a 105k stock block/head/hg car that made as much as 351 RWHP on MPI. It ran MPI for 4 years on the setup with at least 20 psi boost before she gave out due to an ignition issue. Didn't even have ARP's....LOL.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/uploads/1274655904/gallery_4383_493_712094.jpg

This was a 105k stock block/head/hg car that made as much as 351 RWHP on MPI. It ran MPI for 4 years on the setup with at least 20 psi boost before she gave out due to an ignition issue. Didn't even have ARP's....LOL.

This is great info here.

You don't seem too bent outta shape over the situation either, also a good thing, haha. :)

For those that don't know.....I actually blew this thing like 3 years ago but I knew from the compression test what had happened so I didn't worry about coolant being in the cylinders. Before I got around to fixing it we had a horrible hail storm in GA and the gold car got trashed. Broke my heart and for anyone who had seen the gold car you know why. Just didn't have any desire to even work on it. Finally have a little motivation so I thought I'd throw a spare head and new HG on to drive it to PF this year. By PF next year it'll be show-worthy again.

As a side note, Bad2Rass, pagemo, and myself tried HARD to blow this car up. We wanted to see what the stock block could do MPI with proper tuning. We kept the timing conservative and the mix rich and pushed this car to over 30 psi (on Mitsu turbos though). Above 30 was useless on the Super16 and 18G's we tried becasue IAT's started going thorugh the roof even with a Spearco IC. My EDIS coil went bad which made it miss at high RPM's and I actually blew the HG at low boost trying to figure out what the miss was. For all the naysayers.....the stock bottom end pretty dang tough.

HURRAY!

this be running sometime soon?

It will be running yesterday :D Still have some code issues to resolve since I switched to a much newer MSII box. Fired on the first turn like it had never been in the "coma".

And Randy, 3 years but no wiser....LOL. Just getting it going for PF and then off to paint. This entire driveline will be coming out soon.

and this my friends should be why instead of spending money on new heads, bigger turbos and new injectors and such, you should just go MPI. :D

except for the fact that most people have cracked heads, worn out turbos, and leaky injectors...

It will be running yesterday http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif Still have some code issues to resolve since I switched to a much newer MSII box. Fired on the first turn like it had never been in the "coma".

And Randy, 3 years but no wiser....LOL. Just getting it going for PF and then off to paint. This entire driveline will be coming out soon.

Is your new toy installed :) ...