d2 coilovers with pix

i sent them your info for the last set. im not sure if they didnt get it or what.

and d2 told me to have those wishing to get in on the next set to call them. so i posted that info on here.

im real sorry jon, they told me that had a set still so i had u in mind and first in mind. but the next set of coilovers will be here shortly. jerry said if anyone wishes to have one expedited that they can arrange that as well, its for an extra price if u want it here sooner than 2 months... :(

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That seems kind of odd to me. I called in at noon, Central Time, and there was no mention of a lack of availability or back order.

I got the call from Jeff at 11:46 Central. I'm out of state on business so I couldn't call till I had a chance to step away from a meeting.

update: there woll be no rear camber plates from D2 due to the fact that the rear upper mount is not large enough to 'notch' the opening for the pillowball mount.

Anyone have any idea why the stedabani rear plates won't work? Obviously I'll be able to tell when they show up, but my rear camber plates don't have a slot adjustment. They have three holes in an aluminum plate. I'm not picturing why they couldn't be used with these.

Anyone have any idea why the stedabani rear plates won't work? Obviously I'll be able to tell when they show up, but my rear camber plates don't have a slot adjustment. They have three holes in an aluminum plate. I'm not picturing why they couldn't be used with these.

They should work, but they might need the hole(s) enlarged depending on the thread/shaft size of the D2's, I'd almost think the MK1 fixed, but offset, pillowball plates might be a better option (unless the stedabani ones use a pillow ball, which I didn't think they did)

running a rear camber plate that has no pillowball or isn't rubber inserted like the original is asking for stress cracks in your rear strut towers...

d2 apologized for any confusion. and i apologize for any confusion on my part as well jon. they will still honor the 900 offer for those who call and reserve a set. anyone interested please give them a call or PM me and ill point u in the right direction! =D

jeff

Just called today and spoke to Jerry. He was very helpful in setting up my order. The last two sets that were gonna be ready for September were sold out this morning, so mine will be ready around the first of October. SO EXCITED!!

This means you're going to vegas, right??

-Robert

I have mine on.

On the floor in my garage. I have 4.88 gears and air lockers going into the truck (bought assembled 3rds that I can swap), then a V8 to pull from the donor rig to prep for the truck's TRD blower, then maybe, these CO's. But I may juggle those priorities around a bit since I'm itching to drive the car with these in. And I can't do any of it 'til I break free from work detachments (gone second half of this week and second half of August), landlord duties (tenant turnover time always stinks), husband duties (easy one, wife rocks), Marine Corps duties (no comment) and the MBA (bit off more than I care to chew on that one, but whatever).

I have mine on.

On the floor in my garage. I have 4.88 gears and air lockers going into the truck (bought assembled 3rds that I can swap), then a V8 to pull from the donor rig to prep for the truck's TRD blower, then maybe, these CO's. But I may juggle those priorities around a bit since I'm itching to drive the car with these in. And I can't do any of it 'til I break free from work detachments (gone second half of this week and second half of August), landlord duties (tenant turnover time always stinks), husband duties (easy one, wife rocks), Marine Corps duties (no comment) and the MBA (bit off more than I care to chew on that one, but whatever).

our lives sound similar...minus the wife part haha

i think...demon will probably be the fastest. or nomad

Not yet for me, soon though, at least the rears, the fronts require that I drive an hour to Nicks(Zack Morris) town to have someone he trusts to weld the fronts, I dont trust just any shop to do it. I suppose Ill wait till someone else does them and gives a detailed report on how hard it was? I will have a nice photoshoot before the winter hits. The coilovers are NICE though.. couldnt stop grinning after I opened the box!

Had a warning on my LES (pay stub) this month that I'll have 81 days of leave on the books by the first of the new fiscal year, and I can only carry over 75. Taking all next week off to burn some leave. Hmmm, could I end up being the first to get these installed? Was hoping to do the big brake upgrade at the same time, but we'll see.

how do you save up 81 days? most ive EVER managed was 30 lol. i cant work that long without a break!

Well, it's pretty pathetic really. I earn 2.5 days/month, but I work a flex schedule here so every other weekend is a 3 day weekend. Then when you consider that there are something like 30 paid holidays a year for federal government employees, you can see how I'd have trouble getting rid of leave. It sneaks up on me.

yea... i think military is going back to 60 days use or lose in like 2013 or something. and i sold 30 days when i re-enlisted awhile back.

i took 17 days in september to work on the car...hoo-rah!

Yup.. Was supposed to be FY11, but they extended it.

I received my set not long ago. I need to decide this weekend whether I'm going to use the wide body or the flat body struts on the front of my car. After that it shouldn't take long to do the install and test drive.

• 2 months later...