Whats the biggest size tire you can fit on the rear?

I have an 89 quest shp and I was wondering what is the biggest tire I can fit on the back without having to modify the car?

I HAVE MY STARION DROPPED 3INCHES..MY FRONT TIRES...R225/50/16...BACKs...R245/50/16...s*** LOOKS HOT...LOL

I HAVE MY STARION DROPPED 3INCHES..MY FRONT TIRES...R225/50/16...BACKs...R245/50/16...s*** LOOKS HOT...LOL

I run the same sizes and get looks and compliments all day long..Mine is lowered about 2"

I have an 89 quest shp and I was wondering what is the biggest tire I can fit on the back without having to modify the car?

I run 245/40 18's on the back with about a 3-4 inch drop on a 9" rim.. The tire tucks inside the fender and clears the strut's spring perch by about 1/4 inch. Had to roll the parts of the fender closest to the tire. With a stock setup I have seen 255/50 on there, but they look kind of porky. Running a 255/45 16 on the back is a good bet and you probably won't have to modify anything but the fender lip at most. If you're careful, you can tuck a baseball bat handle inside the fender and tire and push down a little.

I have heard of people going really wide, if you are running a coilover kit like the Ground Control kit, you can cut the stock spring perch away due to the coilover kit's adjustable perch taking it's place with the much smaller diameter (2.5") spring. That can free up about two inches, and that's a lot when fitting tires.

Good luck,

Edited by Fuze