throttle cable tube off the firewall

Kinda hanging my head in shame right now, I tried to bend the throttle cable tube that comes off the firewall and broke it.. I do have the throttle cable hooked up to the TB and it seems to be working perfect after a little adjusting.

Do I really need to replace the tube or can I leave it as is and be ok?

edit: i have mpi intake if it means anything.

Edited by NotStock88

No you dont really have to replace it but at time when it dangles it can keep the rpm's up so you will idle high at times. I had this happen to so i would at least recomend JB welding or tack weld it carefully so that it doesn't wear the cable inside. You can feel the differnce in the gas pedal when the hose it connect correctly and when it's pinched.

It keeps tension on your cable...I broke mine as well on my conversion...Just put another back in and left it...

Can you elaborate on how it holds tension? I have it hooked up now, with the broken tube, and the tension is fine and the cable functions normally...

As long as its not hanging down and you can see a couple inches of exposed cable..you really won't tell a difference unless something shifts. Since the tube is broken...if there is a big gap it will pull the "tube and rubber" instead of pulling the cable...But you can keep it snug it won't really matter.

• 2 weeks later...