Driving Gloves

Killtodie

I used to have a pair that I bought a while ago for $60, unfortunately the leather started to crack and tore apart, I personally dont want to spend another $60 on such a pair, so I started to look online, but most of the prices are around $40+ shipping.

I wonder if anyone here can give me a suggestion for a good pair, black leather. I have excellent winter leather gloves with a cashmere lining, obviously cant use those in warm weather.

Do you really need driving gloves, girly man? :P It's not a racecar where you're required to wear nomex gloves.

I drive mine like a race car. :P

http://www.carsonlineforums.com/forums/images/smilies/th_SmileyDudeCarRacing.gif

Actually, I just drive a LOT so I want a little something there.

I dont need racing gloves. I want leather driving gloves.

http://www.international-auto.com/images/originals/driving.gloves-2.jpg

I'm just used to wearing gloves, it feels much better to drive in gloves, just like bike gloves.

That's like your girlfriend using the pill and you want to continue using a condom.

Didn't you notice the cut-outs on the top of the hand, has to add at least 10 hp. :rolleyes:

I've driven my car hard but never saw any use for the gloves.

Spend the money on performance, not styling.

Jimmy

These are worth the $40.

http://www.bionicgloves.com/shop/?cat=8&id=32

Used to have a pair...but didn't need the extra 10HP any longer, since I let all the air out of my tires and had them filled with nitrogen, added 40HP per tire and since I did the spare too I added a quick 200HP!

B)

I've driven my car hard but never saw any use for the gloves.

Spend the money on performance, not styling.

Jimmy

Here in Chicago its freezing cold 3 months out of the year. I wear winter leather gloves while driving. My shiftknob is aluminum, in the winter its too cold to keep your hand on it and in the summer under direct heat its well over 140F.

I cycle often and always wear gloves, prevents callouses and gives a better grip.

As for driving, its a better feel, better grip, dont have to deal with a super hot steering wheel or shift knob in the summer and they look damn good in a blazer nor a nice suite.

As far as adding "performance" I consider driving gloves in the same category as racing seats or any other creature comforts that improve the feel for the car.

Just like bike shorts, and in some cases, condoms, can add performance for those who have trouble, performing for more than 30 seconds

^^ perfect KTD quote, feel free to sig it

Edited by Killtodie

in some cases, condoms, can add performance for those who have trouble, performing for more than 30 seconds

You sound like you've had experience in this department. Are you telling us you're a bad lay todie?

Sorry man but you stepped in it. :P