So who else gets their car called the "back to the future" car

nickireson

I get a lot of 'What is that?' and had a guy once tell me 'I thought that was an RX-7 but the interior is the wrong size.' He wasn't too thrilled when I told him my car outperformed his. ^_^ I had someone ask me if I was sure it wasn't a Supra once too, that was pretty funny. And a few people asking me if it's got a turbo. :lol:

my personal favorite is after you spank someone to the next redlight and get this

RICER: DUDE! BAD A$$ CAR!

ME: YEAH, THANKS

RICER: (HOLDS THE FUNNY LOOK ON HIS FACE FOR A MINUTE) UHH! WHAT IS IT!??

ME: (SHAKES HEAD, AND DUMPS CLUTCH)

Ha, that's me all day.

I was at a county office and this totally hot woman was staring hard as I pulled up...I parked and she just stood there next to her Yukon looking at me and my car, two minutes later after getting my stuff together she's still standing there, I'm thinking I'm getting this chics number fo sho....so I open the door and she looks kind of disappointed and asks me, "is that one of those back to the future cars? I was waiting to see if the doors opened up in the air"....FAIL...she was not hot to me any longer...I said no, it's a Mitsubishi and went on about my business...biyatch...lol

That's a clear sign that you need to get a lambo door kit or make that sucker go gull wing!! Had it been gull wing, you'd have a story about getting some tail to tell us!!

I've hada few people mistake mine for an RX-7 or Supra at first glance, but then they always ask what it is. I get lots of looks driving around too. ^_^

I also had a guy ask me the other day it it was boosted, and then he told me he wanted to race me in his RHD Galant.

I have had several people ask about my SQ's over the years. I have gotten Mustang a few times. Supra. RX7. Porsche. I had a lady call it a Lotus once. The best one was when I went to the convienience store late one night and as I'm going in a drunk dude comes out, he takes a look at my car and asks me: "Is that one of those Grand Turismos". I just laughed and said "Yeah, that's exactly what it is".

Them: What kind of car is it?

Me: Its a Chrysler Conquest TSI.

Them: Oh. Yeah, my buddy had a Mitsubishi Starion. They look similar.

Me: Yeah, they're the same car, just rebadged. Everythings the same though.

Them: No, his was a lot different. Had the eclipse motor and had a wider widebody kit.

Me: :rolleyes: (walks aways)

a SQ owner who hasn't heard that either:

1) hasn't had theirs long

2) doesn't take it out much / is broke

c) has really smart car buff friends and no others

i) is only 16 and friends/girlfriends haven't seen Back to the Future

8( is Ammish

&) is deaf AND doesn't know the international sign language interpretation for "flux capacitor"

btw - For the real MF Deal y'all

and

doc's mcdonalds toy car

lol.... im 16 and my friends call it back to the future car all the time. i also get asked when im going to get my flux capacitor fixed.

it gets called knight rider alot too. at first people caling it that made me annoyed but now i just go along with it, its fun :)

the things i hear most are:

dang that is nice, how much did that cost? i say: well im not sure theres alot of mine and my dads time and money into it.

and what the... is that? i say: 87 mitsubishi starion. them: huh?

cars that its mistaken for are:

supra, 1g dsm, 5.0, porshe, 240sx, deloreon, camaro.

i put the badges back on after it got painted even tho i didnt want to in hopes of people not asking so much. lol

The parts counter guy at O'Reilly's today said "A Mitsu-whoda Staro-whata?" when I told him what the head-gasket was for. :lol:

He thought it was an RV until I showed him a picture.

Edited by Dave-O