Goes Like Hell

strang3majik

Previously had a couple of CSXs, an 84 TurboZ, a GLH-T and a Lancer Shelby. Still love Turbo Dodges, fun little cars for the money.

If you're interested or have a need, I have a set of 13" M/T Slicks on old Neon wheels that should fit right up. 13x7s, 5x100 bolt pattern. If you want em, just pay shipping.

Glad to see you're going with the 555. My GLH-T was strong, converted to TurboII, front mount Starquest IC, but the day after Christmas a few years ago, I was out blasting around, looked over at the boost gauge and saw 20#. The engine was fine, but it was too much for the lowly little 525, and it shot the spider gear right out the bottom of the tranny. Sad day...

Come to think of it, I have a few 782 heads and a couple of one-piece manifolds sitting in the garage too. Might have to dust 'em off and put 'em up on turbododge or turbo-mopar. Looks like a great build, looking forward to seeing it with a proper motor. :)

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt282/strang3majik/_DSC0075.jpg

That is all.

Also getting back into this. Last spring a drunk tail friend of my step dad's (both were s*** faced) backed into the car with his Ford truck. I was in Florida at the time and came back to the hood being crunched and the rad support bent a tad and it pushed the car into an embankment which dented the rear roll pan.

I was not informed and my step dad told his friend that I would be okay with it and I'd fix it, etc.

Well...needless to say it pissed me off a lot, and just now I'm getting back into it. Got the wheels for it :) (widest ever put on an omni thank you, 16x8.5, +25 offset)...but anyway, got the GLHS harness and picking up the computer in the next week or so.

Body work is damn near complete...then she'll be in primer.

I'm shooting for the end of January at the latest.

Anyway...keep posted.

Edited by strang3majik

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey dude what's been up. Have u messed with the glh?

Haven't messed with it much since I picked up the GLHS......to daily drive. Honestly this car has broken more than any car I've ever owned and I've only owned it 2 months. Kind of discouraging me from putting the turbo motor in the Omni. Making me want to do a 13.5:1 all motor carbed build instead :P

But, between breaking lifters in half (turned out to be a slider cam with roller rockers....a no no), and an axle coming apart on the highway, and mean not being able to get it to run as awesome since the lifters came apart and I fixed everything. :/ Timing is dead on, but, she don't want to run as well. Just doesn't feel as fast......though my speedo cable broke, so maybe thats it.

So, that being said, I think the turbo motor will be a spare for the Charger and I'll rebuild the stock Omni engine. That thing hauled tail before I took it apart, and that was with a slipping clutch. Making some more power out of it, I know it really would, and have nothing to go wrong...lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok...changed my mind yet again after talking to a local guru with these things. He's helping me out with wiring and all and I'm sticking the GLHS engine in it still.

Anyway...here's my progress tonight!

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt282/strang3majik/photo58_zps19f95c76.jpg

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt282/strang3majik/photo59_zpsc7106a1d.jpg

• 10 months later...
Now I am 46 years old but I remember going to the dealer with my brother and he bought one new, the dealer was having trouble selling it and he got a great deal. It was black with a bit of red accents. It was a fun car.

• 3 months later...

I still do have this...just haven't updated much.

New heater core, evaporator, and the turbo harness are installed behind the dash. Turbo engine and transmission are assembled and ready to be dropped in but......

I lost the motor mount arms over the period of the car being apart. :( And Dodge Omnis are too common in the junkyards anymore and no body on the forums has any.

So...I've been dead in the water with this for the time being. Sooner or later this car will drive again. Lol.