1988Conquest (Red) to be parted

MI_Mitsu

I'm acquiring a 1988 Conquest this weekend with plans to part it. It's on the verge of becoming a basket case - but still too good for the junkyard.

Hey, was in need of the steering wheel horn cover and how many $ w/shipping to 97402 Thanks

Edited by conquesterd

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm acquiring a 1988 Conquest this weekend with plans to part it. It's on the verge of becoming a basket case - but still too good for the junkyard.

I already need a few of the parts for my 89 project (manual tranny), but most other parts are up for grabs.

Most body pieces are straight and good except both front fenders have multiple love taps - could be straightened. Front lower air dam is long gone.

Baiscally taking inquiries and reservations on parts.

Please understand that due to current weather here in Michigan, large or involved parts may not get pulled for the next 4-6 weeks. Longer for the engine, and other involved parts.

Will post pics after she's in my driveway this weekend.

Pics have been uploaded to photobucket and I continue to add for every few days of requested parts:

1988 Conquest SHP to be parted

Status (update/edited 4/12):

How about the rear calipers and both parking brake cables? How much and shipped to Miami zip code 33186 and I could pay with pay pal.

Thanks

Pete

:huh:

Let me know if the following items are still available and what you want for them.

Passenger and driver side interior upper door panels. These are the parts that come up to the windows(might take all pieces if the price is right)

Looking for the windshield wiper assy. Don't need the arms

Need the plastic "grates" that cover up the windshield wiper assy.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

How about the rear calipers and both parking brake cables? How much and shipped to Miami zip code 33186 and I could pay with pay pal.ThanksPete :huh:

Rear calipers and parking brake cables still available.

How about an even $100 shipped?

Jim

Rear calipers and parking brake cables still available.

How about an even $100 shipped?

Jim

How about the parking brake cables? Have you shipped them to me yet? I have not heard from you.

Thanks,

Pete

305-903-7096

call and leave message 24x7

How about the parking brake cables? Have you shipped them to me yet? I have not heard from you.Thanks,Pete305-903-7096call and leave message 24x7

The box I had your cables packed in get moved by another employee and I consequently forgot to finish processing them -apologies. For the inconvenience, I've upgraded your delivery to FedEx Std Overnight. You'll have the cable stomorrow. Use a little caution when pulling these out, they are containing in a plastic bag, but there is some tension in them as they are coiled up a little tight.

Good luck on the project.

Parts of this 88SHP live on in cars from sea (FL) to shining sea (Cali).......

Jim

Sorry - the bell housing bolts I currently have are still in use. You should be able to spec these fairly easily and get replacements at your local NAPA. THey carry odd Mitsu thread size metric hardened bolts. The only bolts you might need to order from Mitsu in that are are the flywheel bolts (1 time use only per the FSM).

If you still have trouble locating these, PM me back - I may consider going to my relatives storage where I have the pulled 2.6L and manual tranny and separate them to get you these bolts.

Jim

Radiator?

The rad when pulled was an absolute mess - I ended up taking this to the metal recycler in my last load. I still have a fairly new rad from a Dodge Riader 2.6, but will need to be boiled out as some tail used mineral or tap water and there's a fair amount of sediment build up inside.

I think they're interchangeable - not sure.

Jim

I still have the engine harness - PM me an offer.

Re: the boost gauge... I have antoher member wanting the dual gauge pillar pod, so this will work out nicely between the two of you if I cna just locate it. I have a feeling it may have sold already - a lot of parts moving off this car - but I cant find any other PM to this effect. Will keep looking and let you know.

Boost controller - definitely sold to local forum member.

Jim

how much for the climate control system shown in this picture ?

shipped to 55082

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s17/JimNap/Starquest/1988%20Conquest%20manual-red/2010-06-21143856.jpg

Sorry - This also just sold last week and i will be shipping it out tomorrow to a forum member in Maine. What someone in Maine needs A/c for is anyone's guess... :lol:

Jim