gto or s2k?

bmx152

my friend is lookin at newer gto's and s2000's. he wants to buy a mostly stock one and dump about 4-5k into it(all motor).

hes lookin at turbo and supercharger kits for both cars.

which car do you guys think is going to be better and still reliable? also any other ideas would be good cause he is not set on these cars. thanks

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both are pretty much the same I'd imagine, minus the obvious displacement change. I'd go LS2 if possible though, can't hurt to have that little extra, plus the styling is much nicer IMO, on the second gen GTO, where I'm pretty sure the LS2 debuted in that platform. Edited by dmyers151

If he is into precision and handling then the S2000 is going to be light years ahead of the GTO, If all he wants is brute power then of course the Pontiac. I personally would take the S2000. Just tell him to drive both before he makes any decisions.

Tell him to expect to put a bit of cash into the suspension of one of those cars once he starts modding for more power.

I dunno how we went from GTO or S2000 to hoMo3 or STY

All 4 are vastly different cars.

If he buys an M3, he can expect to use that 4-5K for routine maintenance.

Oh......and Fanta would know about leaky rear-ends, if anyone would.

Turborusty

Edited by Turborusty

There are a handful of STI's up here, not flocks, but enough. M3's are a more rare sight, and even though they are somewhat more difficult to mod, it's in an entirely different league than an STI, or any of the other cars he's looking at for that matter. It may get beat straight line by the STI, but handling and braking wise, it's M3. It's a docile street car, that eats normal street cars in AutoX and road course.