Search for The Black Pearl

OBSESSIVE_ENT.

the twelve inch twin blue fans from ebay

and the rad is from ebay aluminum 2 row the size that Lad has but not the same company (I forgot). I saw in your post that you got another set of fans (pricey i might add lol) but lets see how these fair first.

also today i found the black wire w/white stripe for the AC in the engine bay i need to know which of the couble wires on the compressor is that a match for.

My homie Gill came over and basically we bent the supra intercooler tanks so that they would fit between the bumper rails, ofcourse i craked the tank he will take it to his friend to have it welded shut but at least now the intercoler fits.

i was planing to used the yellow top as a audio battery but it will be the only battery in the car (in the rear) as we need the stock location to run the 3 inch intercooler pipe.

i found the sensor well two of them i assume one is for the

oil cooler. i dont know what the stock 2jz temp lever is but the sensor kit i got ranges from 185-200.

tonight i will take out the washer fluid bottle and the motor of the drivers headlight (its sticking) also section off the wires i need from the old harness ( alt, starter power, ac, grounds etc.)

lastly Serp another question from before was unanswered check it out the quest has two wires for the alt and the 2j has three what matts to what?

im waiting on bellhousing money after taht i can fab the mounts and driveshaft.

:D

Edited by OBSESSIVE_ENT.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the pully for the power steering is bent in the center. Gonna need another.tank is about to come down and I decided to use 5/8 fuel line instead of steel braided line I figure as long as its secured its not needed. Also extending the although wires. To the other side. Also the headliner came out fine just have to secure two way glass

Fan switch is almost fully connected. I'm jumping into the original sensor I'm using the pink wire. the harnesses is from a right hand drive car switch short I have to cut the hole by the tunnel or by the brake booster. I still don't know which positive and negative tap into from the original body of the car. tank bolts are soaked with wd

40 as we speak.

Tanks spice I ain't forget ya but there isn't really much to see in person yet.

Special shout to serpent for the info and the ear. Took the lil one to the amusement park so if I'm still awake I'm gonna make. My hole right behind the heater core just getting that off will be fun dash is already off.

• 4 months later...

Well still waiting on the money for the 1j bell. but the ecm is in, I cut a hole in the tunnel to pull the harness through

I have stock bushings and struts im guessing the heavier engine would need stiffer suspension??

I figure i would use the bosch fat boy from driftmotion (got a walbro and man that thing looks small) maybe run the two together? do twin pumps wire up to the same electrical source meaning they get the same level of electircal impulse? wouldnt they pull the same rate??

I do have a question the AT wiring harness i just tapped up and tucked should i disconect/snip them or tape them up and zip tie them?

Also, is it 16 ga steel what we use for mounting brackets? And lastly is it better to modify a Quest shaft or get the Supra shaft and modify that (in essence which one is longer?)

as always anybody with the info please help a dude out :)

oh yeah can you say rapid refund devorice and AEM lmao

• 1 month later...

OMG finally.

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz159/obsessive88/424162_10151317088455483_516035482_22736465_1255185956_n.jpg

all thats left are the mounts exhaust pipe shaft and the pump issue I got an ebay walbro and its smaller than stock so im saving for the bosch and will use them together what says you

well a big lession in shopping around and buyer beware. what i thought i had is actually a w58 the invoice and the shipping recipt all said r154. I had a back an fourth conversation for two weeks with the sales rep but i didnt double check once i got the skid. since it was purchased last march i will have to eat that 899 (yes i got raped).

thanks to Serpent for the info and the lead on a real r154. im going to contact JDM imports to see if they can extend some good failth by at least giving me something for this w58.

very expensive and hard lesson but hey i got on my big boy pants i will just figure out something.

• 4 months later...
Serpent question dont kill me. the black wire with white stripe for the fuel cut..... there is another one of those wires comeing out of the selenoid thats has a plug cant i just disconnect that. Yes I kno this build is taking forever Yes I kno im a pain in da tail but please bare with me.

• 1 month later...

ok after testing my stupidity in figureing out loading green dot cards onto paypal im finally getting my engine mounts done lol. I got an ebay walbro (how ever authentic) and im on the hunt for a bosch unit, if i find one ill use it instead. the car still has the stock twins but i dont want to go under there twice lol.

musicly the roof is up and looks great (see the stereo section) and now im waiting for a set of beyma mid bass. boy this should be called project turtle lol

• 2 months later...

thanks Boho, the reason i asked was the o2 wires from the sensor were cut and i cant find where around the engine they came from.

I know im anoying the hell out of you guys but im at a loss where would the o2 wire plug into (not that i have the plug end) would they go into the supra harness or could i run them to the o2 ports of the supra ecu?

thanks

Edited by OBSESSIVE_ENT.

• 4 months later...
ooooooooooooookkk well. project is going super slow (divorce nursing school and life in general is kickin my tail) but got the mounts (thanks they are angled perfect just had to oval the k frame holes) engine is in i have to get 4 silicone bends for the IC piping. nose and rads and condensor are loosely fitted. i think all thats left from the engine bay is the 2 or three inch exention for the sway bar, replacing a silicone oil drain tube that was bruised. the two heater hoses and rigging up a banjo to hose clamp loop for the hydro fan water pump. yes serpent i should be fired up and on the go in about a couple of weeks.... got to have Betty mobile incase the judge says i got to get out of dodge.

• 1 year later...
Ok after a very long time im back. All thats left is the radiator hose.drive shaft pump all that is in. Starter works like a dream how ever. I foolishly took off the e10 plug and lost the paper with the hook ups. Im in need of the wireing hook ups now.

• 3 months later...