Search for The Black Pearl

OBSESSIVE_ENT.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, u did well on that one. That is super clean, I don't see one rust mark inside that upper radiator hose. There is enough info here now for u to drop this thing in with out issues. Are u using the stock gauges?

Serp i was crazy surprised it wanst even like they used the old used car lot trick of soap. you dont know how giddy i was all day yesterday. It was a complain to get it into the garage though (cracks in my driveway). aside from going over yours and Lads post you know im gona bugg the sh(* out of you with questions. the to do list will go as follows 1. finish pulling the original engine and tranny. 1.5 install the weldon pump and the bigger fuel line 2. take the auto supra tranny off and fit on the 154. 3 clean the engine bay and remove any uneeded wires (thats gonna be a nagg fest). 4. bang out the tunnel 4.5. make the extentions for the sway bar. 5. cut the notch in the drivers support to fit the ac. 6. move everything ac wise forward to fit the rad. 7. fit the rad and fab the suports. 8. place the engine in to mark the spots for the engine and tranny mounts. 9. have the mounts made. 10 take a look at the exhaust and fab up to my 3 inch pipe. 11. figure out this wireing thing. 12. re route the speedo cable. 13. buy/instal the intercooler kit. 14. buy/instal the cryo2 kit. 15 drop it in for the final time. 16. as the Malachi brothers would say "let the pigeons loose!!". If there is anything I missed please tell me along the way guys.

Im using stock gauges except for boost and temp. I want to add a new oil guage. Serp should I replace the water pump while its out? I figure the engine is so damn clean fudging with it now my jinx me lol. Also the balancer has a nick in it that also nicked the belt im biding on a HKS belt so you know im going to nag about that. Also i might bid on som BC stage 2 cames do you advise it?

AZ yes the back part came with it but im thinking of selling the auto as complete as i can.

Sorry for the long windedness everybody its just excitement.and thanks in advance for the support. I hope to have it running in time for the pocono 500 in june.

Serp i was crazy surprised it wanst even like they used the old used car lot trick of soap. you dont know how giddy i was all day yesterday. It was a complain to get it into the garage though (cracks in my driveway). aside from going over yours and Lads post you know im gona bugg the sh(* out of you with questions. the to do list will go as follows 1. finish pulling the original engine and tranny. 1.5 install the weldon pump and the bigger fuel line 2. take the auto supra tranny off and fit on the 154. 3 clean the engine bay and remove any uneeded wires (thats gonna be a nagg fest). 4. bang out the tunnel 4.5. make the extentions for the sway bar. 5. cut the notch in the drivers support to fit the ac. 6. move everything ac wise forward to fit the rad. 7. fit the rad and fab the suports. 8. place the engine in to mark the spots for the engine and tranny mounts. 9. have the mounts made. 10 take a look at the exhaust and fab up to my 3 inch pipe. 11. figure out this wireing thing. 12. re route the speedo cable. 13. buy/instal the intercooler kit. 14. buy/instal the cryo2 kit. 15 drop it in for the final time. 16. as the Malachi brothers would say "let the pigeons loose!!". If there is anything I missed please tell me along the way guys.

Im using stock gauges except for boost and temp. I want to add a new oil guage. Serp should I replace the water pump while its out? I figure the engine is so damn clean fudging with it now my jinx me lol. Also the balancer has a nick in it that also nicked the belt im biding on a HKS belt so you know im going to nag about that. Also i might bid on som BC stage 2 cames do you advise it?

AZ yes the back part came with it but im thinking of selling the auto as complete as i can.

Sorry for the long windedness everybody its just excitement.and thanks in advance for the support. I hope to have it running in time for the pocono 500 in june.

How about some pictures of the tranny and what are you asking for it?

Don't jump to cut the "notch" for the A/C. I've got my engine located in the car and I don't see a need yet for cutting anything. A/C compressor fit fine. Not sure about line clearance yet.

On the fuel pump. I changed mine out but did it while I had the OEM engine in the car so I could ensure that the fuel pump worked correctly. Then I pulled the motor. That way I knew the pump was good before I was trying to figure out other things that I might have messed up on the 2JZ if it didn't run.

Edited by AzStar

ok a bit of worry.

im looking at the ECU and there is a double bundle of wires leading to it. one set has the wide mouth plug in and the other has a short width. the short width cables are cut please tell me we only need the wide port. pictures to follow.

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz159/obsessive88/r154008.jpg

also in the essance of time and money I will hold off with the stage 2 cams and big turbo (financial aid wasnt that much lol)still on the hunt for an intercooler.

lastly i was watching an episode of GEARZ and they mentioned a co called Carolina driveline somthing or other. what peeked my interest is they showed a colapsable drive shaft. What do you think???

Edited by OBSESSIVE_ENT.

ok a bit of worry.

im looking at the ECU and there is a double bundle of wires leading to it. one set has the wide mouth plug in and the other has a short width. the short width cables are cut please tell me we only need the wide port. pictures to follow.

also in the essance of time and money I will hold off with the stage 2 cams and big turbo (financial aid wasnt that much lol)still on the hunt for an intercooler.

lastly i was watching an episode of GEARZ and they mentioned a co called Carolina driveline somthing or other. what peeked my interest is they showed a colapsable drive shaft. What do you think???

While I don't have the wiring figured out by individual wire... the cut wire small plug is ok. you will use some wires in the bundle to splice to wires in the existing Mitsu harness. Mine didn't come with that small plug and I had to go get one.

How about some informaton on the Carolina driveline?

ok check this out called Carolina drivelines http://www.carolinadriveline.com/uploads/racing.asp?Category=97 and told them about the telescopic drvieshaft i saw on GEARZ. the rep said for our aplications its not feasable because on the bronco on the show the didnt worry about vibraion and the longer the telescoping distance the more vibration.

he also said that they can make a custom drive shaft off our original for 50 bucks (once you mention the show GEARZ) holy crap from $250 custom work to 50 bucks :D

ok day one of the tear down not too shabby for an hour work

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz159/obsessive88/r154009.jpg

but i asked before and got no reply what is this thing infront of the resuvoir? and is it needed?

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz159/obsessive88/r154010.jpg

That's the vacuum pump. It provides a vacuum source during boost so you can have cruise control and HVAC controls.

HA.. now I'm trying to remember what I did with that pump. Not sure I still have mine in the car. (Tho I've not ditched anything yet)

As for the Transmission... you have what I have.... That is the output flange. There is a rubber donut that bolts to that, that bolts to a similar 3 fingered flange on the drive shaft. I am looking for the donut and drive shaft side.

I may have a solution working on the driveshaft anyway. Doing some research with a company in CA. I'll let you know more.

As for length of our drive shaft. I would think with the Std driveshaft you might even have to shorten the OEM one. For my Auto I will need a slightly longer one than OEM and I need a slip joint in the middle.

So looking at a custom drive shaft. Maybe I'll exchange some email with Carolina and see what they say.

ok so i came home after work and dids some pics. I have to get extions for the small AC line and I have to figure out which line on the supra AC is the one that leades to its "rad" dose anybody know? is it the one on the top or the one on the bottom??

my fans fit well and though might be a tight fit it looks like the AC cooler will fit too. now where to stuff the intercooler is another story.

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz159/obsessive88/r154011.jpg

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz159/obsessive88/r154012.jpg

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz159/obsessive88/r154013.jpg

another question are the high pressure AC connections AN? is the small mouth fitting that swings to the front the one for the evaporator? I have to make a new hose but i dont know witch one? lol I almost got this licked just have to move a few things around I will have Cool air!!!! Edited by OBSESSIVE_ENT.

school is killing me but i have a question the carolina drivetrain people told me i have to take a measurement of the shaft with all four wheels on the ground. couldnt i use four jacks on the hubs and take the measurement???

also i have a white 89 that has a 6 bolt rear do i swap the whole aslembly?? stupid questions i kno but please induldge.

school is killing me but i have a question the carolina drivetrain people told me i have to take a measurement of the shaft with all four wheels on the ground. couldnt i use four jacks on the hubs and take the measurement???

also i have a white 89 that has a 6 bolt rear do i swap the whole aslembly?? stupid questions i kno but please induldge.

You can take your measurements with the wheels on the ground in the air or at a club, it doesn't matter. For the 6 bolt rear, if you can get the spindles of easily i would say just take out the pumpkin and those. If not then just drop the whole assembly.

thanks

AZ I told him the project car and he "seemed" to kno what i was talking about by sayin "oh yeh i kno those cars" lol.

Serp I think ill take the pumpkin out first if the bolts ar too dificult ill sawzall the crap out of there.