Found a great link for discussing all these political issues

Chad

Chad, I'm just wondering why you feel this is something thats not appropriate for the site? We have a large group of members that discuss all sorts of topics here and after all we are people that have a life outside of cars and we all belong to this group as a Starquest family. What I think would be a good addition to the site is a forum called "Politics as Usual" for those of us who would like to share these issues with each other and discuss them. There are topics that are being discussed that are directly related to us and the starquest community like the cap and trade which affects our fuel usage, cash for clunkers which is directly related to scraping cars that I'm sure some of us can use engines and transmissions for parts (we don't just drive starions and conquests) and a lot of good discussion about health care which affects us all.

What I really don't understand is if the topic is bothering some of you to the point of getting irate then stop reading it and go have your beer (or whatever) while reading another post. Is that so difficult?

Edited by brianpaul98

Chad, I'm just wondering why you feel this is something thats not appropriate for the site? We have a large group of members that discuss all sorts of topics here and after all we are people that have a life outside of cars and we all belong to this group as a Starquest family. What I think would be a good addition to the site is a forum called "Politics as Usual" for those of us who would like to share these issues with each other and discuss them. There are topics that are being discussed that are directly related to us and the starquest community like the cap and trade which affects our fuel usage, cash for clunkers which is directly related to scraping cars that I'm sure some of us can use engines and transmissions for parts (we don't just drive starions and conquests) and a lot of good discussion about health care which affects us all.

What I really don't understand is if the topic is bothering some of you to the point of getting irate then stop reading it and go have your beer (or whatever) while reading another post. Is that so difficult?

people are starting to call each other "stupid", it's getting personal. How is that good for this site? It goes down hill from here most of the time. The point is we don't even want to read it, so when new topics get started, people start to get mad at the poster, not the subject. Most of us come here to escape the rest of real life and enjoy a hobby, if we wanted to read about "left" or "right" politics, we know wher else to find it.

BTW, they don't have to scrap the transmissions.

people are starting to call each other "stupid", it's getting personal. How is that good for this site? It goes down hill from here most of the time. The point is we don't even want to read it, so when new topics get started, people start to get mad at the poster, not the subject. Most of us come here to escape the rest of real life and enjoy a hobby, if we wanted to read about "left" or "right" politics, we know wher else to find it.

BTW, they don't have to scrap the transmissions.

I'm not trying to be a smart a** but if you look at the views after each of the political posts people are reading them so please don't speak for everyone. My point is for those of you who don't want to read them, don't. No one is forcing your hand to click the link. As far as people getting mad that doesn't seem to be an issue you need to be taking up with the poster of the thread its something that you need to address with the people getting upset.

You see, I just learned something about the transmissions that I didn't know.

As far as people getting mad that doesn't seem to be an issue you need to be taking up with the poster of the thread its something that you need to address with the people getting upset.

That's like throwing a book of matches in a class full of 1st grade boys and getting mad at the ones that start fires, why not get mad at the one that threw the matches in the room? Or better yet, make a rule "no matches in school" ...

We've seen the pattern long enough to know what is likely to happen. We let them go on so members can prove me wrong on that, but we often regret that.

I'm not trying to be a smart a** but if you look at the views after each of the political posts people are reading them

People also like to look at car wrecks (myself included) :thumbsup:

Think about it ...

I think its a survival instinct. Gawking at a car crash is necessary to help remind us not to do the same things to ourselves.

As for the current political climate, its a natural part of a democracy. Democracies always destroy themselves. Our country was founded as a Republic but thats long gone and we're left with mob rule.

It might be showing up on this forum in ways you don't like. Sorry.

Mike

That's like throwing a book of matches in a class full of 1st grade boys and getting mad at the ones that start fires

Well made point and point taken, I forgot where I was for a moment.

Don't take any of it personlay, I too speak to those lurking.

I'm not out to bust up democracy, but if this forum becomes a bunch of name calling and insults, it's my job to break it up. Fortunalty, there are lots of places to call names and insult any one you wish so democrasy can live on, just not like that on here.

I'd rather let this forum go however it wants to, but then it spills over into the other forums.

If you want to see what totaly un-moderated forums really look like, visit your local craigslist rants and raves section (there is one for most every local area).

Don't take any of it personlay, I too speak to those lurking.

I'm not out to bust up democracy, but if this forum becomes a bunch of name calling and insults, it's my job to break it up. Fortunalty, there are lots of places to call names and insult any one you wish so democrasy can live on, just not like that on here.

I'd rather let this forum go however it wants to, but then it spills over into the other forums.

If you want to see what totaly un-moderated forums really look like, visit your local craigslist rants and raves section (there is one for most every local area).

:hmm3grin2orange: Since you mentioned it, this one made me laugh

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/mad/1275234651.html

• 3 weeks later...