How to remove rear spoiler

Starionboy84

I tried to take one of these off before too, it's not easy. The spoiler actually bolts through the hatch glass, and when you undo the bolts, some of them have these large washer things that are attached to the glass with an adhesive. I actually ended up braking the glass trying to do it. Lesson learned - I won't do that again. I even ended up throwing the spoiler out b/c no one on here wanted it ... lol.

I have done 3 of them. There are two allen head bolts on either side , they are slightly hidden. I used a allen wrench that was trimmed down with a cut off wheel to get in there. Loosen at the hold down nuts first.

I butter knife is a great tool or a old butcher knife. Use a torch or heat gun to heat it up and slide it between the spoiler and glass for cut the adhesive.

sharp thin knife, like a filet knife, and gentle heat makes it much easier.

Its not so bad. Use an old butter knife sharpened with a file and work it under and all the way around.

Do it on a hot day it goes way faster or use heat on the knife.

Work around the spoiler WITHOUT prying until all the adhesive is cut. You can tell because the knife will go in anywhere without too much resistance.

After all that you will be able to lift it off there from either side.

Of course loosen all fasteners first. For the hex keys on the side I used allen wrench that was cut down to fit in the small recess.

Edited by JohnnyWadd