How to Identify a Flywheel

mopar jon

I pulled apart a 1987 Conquest that i think has a 88-89 flywheel as the 6-puk clutch disc measures 9.5 inches. Does any one know the factory part numbers on the flywheels?

Quick check is if the flywheel has a dowel hole for mounting to crankshaft. All 240mm flywheels have the dowel hole. 225mm do not. This is for stock flywheels

Thank You Dad, That was even easier then getting a part number, at least now i know its a 240mm, and can proceed.Thanks Again

Might also consider tossing her on a scale and see if she was lightened.... I know that was pretty popular and heated debate around here back in the day. and guessing if they went puck disk they would have had it done when resurfaced but have seen way funker things done.

Might also consider tossing her on a scale and see if she was lightened.... I know that was pretty popular and heated debate around here back in the day. and guessing if they went puck disk they would have had it done when resurfaced but have seen way funker things done.

Good Point as this was a former drag car and alot of mods were done to it.

Post a pic of the back and we can tell you if it was lightened.

Yeah they typically did it by drilling material out didn't they? Then drill more to rebal. So should be pretty evident.