88TSI_Rob

Super Potential

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,002 posts
  • Interests:Keep the turbo spooled!
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 16 April 2004 - 03:23 AM

Here's a great calculator to figure out how an aftermarket wheel's width/offset will effect your strut/fender clearance.

http://toy4two.home.mindspring.com/offset.html

And here's another one if you want to find out speed and clearance info:

http://gs.tolan-hoechst.com/tirecalc.htm
Posted Image

#23 Syth

Syth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:Conquest...the only way to fly!

Posted 17 April 2004 - 03:43 AM

ok, I have a question.  Where do i find any identifying marks on the wheels to tell me what size rim i have?  I THINK i have the 9" rears on my 88 starion, but i am NOT sure.  I also have another question, if i indeed do have the 9" rears, what size fromt rim should i have 7" or 8"??  My Starion has every option known to man on the car, and i think the 9" wheels are the correct rear ones.  Please help me here as i am not sure.  I tried to measure the rim, but with the tires on it, I canot get an accurate measurment of it, but it did look closer to 9" then 8".  Again any help will be great and thanks in advance.
Ken

#24 JustPaus_88TSi

JustPaus_88TSi

This is my forest, and I am not afraid.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,960 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 04:46 AM

There's several ways to tell..

Open your door and look where the latch is. You'll see a sticker that has the weight info and such. It'll say 225/50/16(rear) 205/55/16(front) for the 7's and 8 inch rims.
The 8's and 9's will be 245/45/16(rear) and 225/50/16(front)...

What size are your tires?

Another way, look at the rim. Notice a JMC kind of marking.. This marking will have a square box around it if it's the SHP(8-9's) rims.. The 7-8's won't have a box around the JMC looking mark.

One more wink.gif...This is the TELL-ALL way of knowing what size the rims are. Take off the rim, on the inside of the rim, on the backside of the spoke will say 16x8j and 16x9j for the SHP's...16x7j and 16x8j for the non-SHP package..
Posted Image
88TSi-S16G~19x8.5's/19x10.5's~Anti-M-Power~S&M~FIP TBpro2R~E46 projector HID's/Fogs
2001 IS300-GTE swap~T04E 60-1 Garrett hifi~18" Volk CE28N~Tein Comfort Sport coilovers~TurboEast~PFS~Apex-I~Greddy~Blitz
2005 LS430-Staggered 20" Maya/Trafficstar DTS'~14k/12k Extreme Drop BC Coilovers~KYOEI-USA Representin...Bippu Status.

#25 neon_hybrid

neon_hybrid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:87 Conquest TSI

Posted 14 July 2004 - 12:38 PM

Also, I posted about the Skyline rims fitting. Well, they fit but the backspacing is all wrong....

I will be verifying this shortly.  We have 2 r32 skylines and 1 R33 skyline at the shop... (shop cars)  We have advan and 5zigen wheels on both cars.  Both are 17x9, so i will verify how close they are to fitting in the rear....

#26 monkeywrench

monkeywrench

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Interests:SUPER POTENTIAL!
  • Model:Starion

Posted 30 November 2004 - 12:50 AM

Did anyone ever verify the Skyline rim fitment?

#27 JustPaus_88TSi

JustPaus_88TSi

This is my forest, and I am not afraid.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,960 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 02:18 AM

The offset isn't right.. Bolt pattern is correct, but not the offset..
Posted Image
88TSi-S16G~19x8.5's/19x10.5's~Anti-M-Power~S&M~FIP TBpro2R~E46 projector HID's/Fogs
2001 IS300-GTE swap~T04E 60-1 Garrett hifi~18" Volk CE28N~Tein Comfort Sport coilovers~TurboEast~PFS~Apex-I~Greddy~Blitz
2005 LS430-Staggered 20" Maya/Trafficstar DTS'~14k/12k Extreme Drop BC Coilovers~KYOEI-USA Representin...Bippu Status.

#28 desert_starion

desert_starion

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 06:18 AM

After one night of searching on ebay and other sites for good deals on some STAGGERED wheels, it looks like the ones that fit the Brembo'd 350Z are the closest fit, even though I still  think you'd need spacers just to get it to look nice and tight!

The particular one we were talking about earlier in this thread, is made by stern, the most popular of sizes comes as 18's 8.5 front 9.5 rear, which is really good on a 20 ~ 25 mm offset, (only the wheels made for the TRACK 350Z w/ brembos come a bit closer to Starquest's offset, minus the rear becuase u want zero offset for anything bigger than 9" wide.  Personally I like to have my front wheels a little tucked in on the front, and the rears perfectly complement the widebody's curves with a Phat lip! But I think You'd still need a ΒΌ" spacer up front and a good 1" spacer for the rear wheels not to mention the coilovers too just to be safe. I particularly like the mustang bullet wheels..Ill knock out the cobra center caps, and just  sport  that phat lip! That gunmetal/black spoke with polished deep dish would look sooo goood on Starions. I would sport em...
In order to get below results, you must set your walet on FIRE!

#29 Minagera

Minagera

The Petulant Child

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:39 PM

Bumping this up so I can still find it.
88 Conquest, White with Maroon Interior 5-speed. (Bought with Seize Engine and hasn't been touched since)

https://sosmanuals.minagera.org/

#30 BrokenquestTSI

BrokenquestTSI

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Interests:Duh

Posted 17 June 2008 - 06:57 AM

ok, i probley sound like an idiot, but im asking anyway. (i guess i just dont understand) So i am gonna need 8's and 9's to run 255's in the rear? Been dreamin about it at work...........
89 R04 Conquest SHP - Totaled
87 Red Conquest - Sold
87 Silver Conquest    - Sold
89 Fiji Conquest SHP -Sold
87 Atlantic Blue TSi    -Sold

#31 Sully

Sully

is SQ and Headache free!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,739 posts
  • Interests:88 KBS MKIV F500
    03 Chevy S-10
    92 Mazda Miata
  • Model:Other

Posted 17 June 2008 - 07:41 AM

yes, atleast 9's in the rear
Posted Image

QUOTE (dstar88 @ May 4 2009, 11:55 AM)
I woke up naked with a dead deer next to me and blood everywhere..so i think i had fun..

A wise man once said:
"if you cant afford to do it right the first time, you damn sure cant afford to do it TWICE"

Posted Image

#32 Skippy

Skippy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE (BrokenquestTSI @ Jun 17 2008, 06:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok, i probley sound like an idiot, but im asking anyway. (i guess i just dont understand) So i am gonna need 8's and 9's to run 255's in the rear? Been dreamin about it at work...........

I run 245/45 on my 8" rears and that is pushing it as they are a tough to get on.

#33 BrokenquestTSI

BrokenquestTSI

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Interests:Duh

Posted 17 June 2008 - 02:43 PM

thats what i have now. i was just wanting to make it look more beastly.  ylsuper.gif
89 R04 Conquest SHP - Totaled
87 Red Conquest - Sold
87 Silver Conquest    - Sold
89 Fiji Conquest SHP -Sold
87 Atlantic Blue TSi    -Sold

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users