Hide Your Cruise Control...

Komeuppance

I know some of you may not be excited as I am about this, but I've installed a standalone cruise control system (Not a bad way to spend $90). Audiovox CCS-100, many good reviews on Amazon.com where I purchased with free shipping.

My list of accomplishments:

1. Get cruise control working so my daily drive on the freeway is less sucky.

2. COMPLETELY hide the cruise control unit

3. Interface aftermarket system with STOCK CONTROLS

4. Take pictures for a how to/write up.

My write up will also apply to hiding your stock cruise control, if it still works... instead of all you guys that like to remove it completely. If it doesn't work, do some troubleshooting, and when that fails get the CCS-100.

Now, all you gotta do is wait... becuase it's almost 4am and I just came back from the first test run. Working under the dash = LAME.

Who else is cruisin' for a bruisin'??

-Robert

I finally just got mine working good again. Are you planning on hiding the column controls? And where. How will access be. Guess Im gonna have to wait to see what you did lol

^^ LOL... you must not drive on the freeway that much. Maybe your car isn't reliable enough?? LMAO... kidding!!

You guys with still working OEM cruise systems can put yours in the same spot as mine, which is what I would have done if my stock system didn't fail so hard. (Everything checked out ok, besides the speed sensor)

I'm going to maybe do some fine tuning tonight and then the write up, if I don't fall asleep first... 4 hours of sleep FTL!!

-Robert

I have cruise in my Maxima, but not in the 'quest. I don't need it. I just can't justify spending 90 clams on something that came from the factory, but then again I'm a cheapskate... I mean... frugal.

I have cruise in my Maxima, but not in the 'quest. I don't need it. I just can't justify spending 90 clams on something that came from the factory, but then again I'm a cheapskate... I mean... frugal.

Yeah, I was trying to find a good actuator and I thought $30 was a fair price... but never got around to getting it. Then I borrowed my friends which didn't work on his car, but tested out ok... and it did nothing on my car. Wish the FSM was a bit more detailed.

Even when my cruise did work, it would hold at 64mph max after... it only held higher a couple times... those were the days!!

I tried to fix it, but eventually got pissed off enough I just decided to drop $$ as this seems like it'd be more reliable than buying used parts.

Weight savings = whatever the cruise computer in the back weighs... hah.

-Robert

Or a conversion to mpi that eliminates the stock harness. I am interested in the writeup and to see how well it works.

cruise control cable connects to the gas petal inside the car,, going MPi has nothing to do with it,

cruise control cable connects to the gas petal inside the car,, going MPi has nothing to do with it,

I think he was talking about eliminating the factory electrical harness by going MPI. At least thats how I read it.

I see, Its using the factory switch but moving the actuator under the dash instead of under the hood. That would help clean up the engine bay nicely, 'cept it crams more stuff under the dash.