Hockey Trash Talk Thread

MiniSRT4

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for you. Well, a couple:

Can you stand Rick Jenerette!?

What's with the ice? It didn't look bad as in the quality, but the ice almost looks striped on TV

Do you fans boo EVERYTHING!? Campbell touches the puck? BOOOOOOO! (After he assists on the Hawks goal)Kane touches the puck BOOOOO! Sabers don't score on the power play? BOOOOOO! Sabers can't clear? BOOOOOOO! There was so much booing during that game I'd have sworn the Hawks were winning 12-2 in the 3rd period...

Not butthurt, just wondering. Lalime made quite the triumphant return tonight. Good to see after what he's been thru. He still has my favorite all-time modern mask when he was w/ the Hawks. Marvin Martian in an Indian headdress FTMFW.

Oh, and the Hawks can't keep thinking they can win games and only play for 20 minutes of it.

I will admit, the fans booing Campbell was retarded. Booing Kane, fine. Booing when we don't score on the power play, well duh, we never do, our power play sucks. But we clear more often than not, hence us being 3rd in the league on the penalty kill, so I dont understand the booing then. I was at the game, it was striped, the dudes that clear the "snow" off during commercial breaks sucked.

Seriously, Lalime looked sick in net tonight, really shocking considering he has not won a game yet this year. Good for him though.

Ok, onto the Blackhawks. Did you really think that we were going to allow Kane or Towes(sp?) or Hossa anything? I mean a dude we called up from our farm team shut down Ovie one handed(literally).

I will admit however, that 3rd period...man, although it was full strength most of it, it looked like a Chicago power play, and again, the Sabres are a awesome at penalty killing. I understand it was 5 on 5, but a win is a win, esp against Chicago.

Ps. RJ is the man!

Maz,

Don't don't go disrespecting RJ, RJ is the man... If there is a game on VS, I pot the TV down and listen to RJ on WGR..... Sometimes it takes several minutes to pause, forward and reverse the TV DVR to get in synch to the radio but it is worth it. VS commentators "chatter" too much.

The fans boo Campbell, like they boo Briere, like they boood Hasek(I know he was not am amateur brought up to Buffalo), but mostly like they boo every other player that was developed in Buffalo and "left" for more money at another team (COUGH SATAN COUGH). I don't blame most of the players, because they can make more money elsewhere (except SATAN, he just became an tail before he left, hence my hoping that he never wins a cup).

Buffalo hockey is HUGE, not just pro, high school and college is every bit as important. Buffalo is into hockey like the Habs and the other six. IMO even though Chicago is one of the original six, Chicago hasn't held that aura that Montreal, Boston and Toronto have had for many decades. In other parts of the country guys argue over pickup truck brands..... We argue about hockey :)

I have to say, that was a good game. I don't follow anyone but Buffalo and Detroit. Never see any other games etc... Chicago has speed, exactly what I like. When the forwards would pull into the zone and kick it up a notch it was impressive, reminds me of Buffalo's speed HEHE.

Hell yea man^^ VS blows. The only commentators that are worse are the ones on network tv during the playoffs or on those afternoon games.

I understand booing for Brier, he talked a bunch about wanting to stay in Buffalo, that he would take less money to stay here, then BAM signed with Philly. But we traded Campbell, its not his fault. Meh, we are just a city of passionate fans. I just hope the Sabres can ride the wave from shutting down two of the best teams in the league and beat the Rangers tonight.

Don't mind Maz, he says all sorts of insane things!

I love RJ, I do not care for Harry Niel, half the time he opens his mouth he says something incorrect. From players names to statistics. I like RJ so much I listen to him on the radio while I am at the games.

Ugh, he's like nails on a chalkboard @ an Alanis Moresette concert.

Of course, I'm spoiled w/ the likes of Pat Foley(TV) and John Wiedeman(radio). But don't think I like them just because they're calling Hawks games. We had Dan Kelly crapping up my TV for a while and I couldn't stand it. Him and Eddie Olcyzk were no treat, for sure. Even w/ Pat, Eddie is still tough to take every so often.

I can't stand Mike Lang either, if that helps. He falls under the same category as Jeanerette IMHO.

Edited by Mazarin

Maybe we just got used to him over the past 28 years... Eddie Olcyzk was one of the ones that I detested on VS., Darren Pang annoyed me on ESPN because he wouldn't call the game, he would just tell stories about the players. It was like he spent 60 minutes name dropping about "When I was out with so and so".... Yeah, you know everyone, we get it, how about you mention the goal that was just scored.

He's another one of those guys who has to as important or more important than the game. All his little BS lines after goals drive me insane.

And ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? What Versus are you watching? If they aren't busy trying to get into Ovie's pants, they're diving headfirst into Crosby's.

O man. I almost don't want to touch this thread. My team has 9 injured players right now. But they are on a 4 game win streak as of now. I'm sure I will get a lot of flack for being a Detroit supporter.

^dont be pissed Maz cause the blackhawks choked against them last year. Detroit is a dynasty, I only root for them though when I want the opposing team to lose. One of my buddies is a big time detroit fan, I made sure we watched game 7 together last year.

Oh yea DrWojo, didnt a certain Buffalo Sabres smoke them at the begining of the season? :lol:

Its all good though, we got the brick wall of the east tomorrow, Pittsburg :o

They sure have, but the Sabres seem to be beating the awesome teams and losing to the bad ones, plus, if we shut down Ovie and Kane, I am pretty sure we can shut down Crosby and Malkin

Jordan Staal also? either way it should be a good game.

I heard that its supposed to be the Sabres backup goalie tomorrow night?

Jordan Staal also? either way it should be a good game.

I heard that its supposed to be the Sabres backup goalie tomorrow night?

Jordan Stall is my dude, if the sabres arent in the plaoffs, Pittsburgh has always been my go to team, so obviously for the past two years, I have gotten real aquianted(sp?) with them. But matching someone like Myers or Tallinder(how he has been playing lately) shouldnt be too hard. Either way if the Sabres come out ready, then it should be a good game.

Holy crap! Minn. Wild equip burned up! Goalie has no gear!!!

http://wild.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=510434&navid=DL|MIN|home

http://twitpic.com/u2ear

http://twitpic.com/u2el7

http://twitpic.com/u2ewn

http://twitpic.com/u2e81

http://twitpic.com/show/thumb/u2e81.jpg

Edited by Mazarin