Re Registration

TRAVNASTY

Hey fellas I want to bring a 87 quest back from its coffin. But how much would it cost to bring a junked car back on the road? I can pick up the car for 200. is it worth the headache? The vehicle has 160000 on it. I wanna rebuild it.

Hey fellas I want to bring a 87 quest back from its coffin. But how much would it cost to bring a junked car back on the road? I can pick up the car for 200. is it worth the headache? The vehicle has 160000 on it. I wanna rebuild it.

you really should give a lil more detail on status of car bro.

What I mean by junked car I mean Its VIN number isnt in the system any more. the car has a junk title. now i have to get it aproved by HP for it being a safe car. Has anyone ever brought a good car back into the system.?

Contact CHP and ask what it takes..Most likely it would need to be proven safe to operate on public roads and pass emissions..So brakes, tires and what not...

Cost wise should be an inspection charge, emission test, and plate fee..Then whatever repairs are needed to get her to pass these tests

It's going to take different amounts of time and money to get the car in driveable shape according to the state the car esides in. Some states are easier than others, but I've heard that Cali is one of the hardest, so good luck. Best bet is to just call the DMV and see what the requirements are.

Id say it's also going to depend on the cars condition and what you want it for or to do with it. I got my car for $200 with an extra turbo(in good shape). The motor was locked up, the windshield is shattered, it's got dents and some rust but the underside and framerails were in good shape (really all I cared about). Now I have spent alot on it, but my idea was also to build a monster, and since I knew I wanted to gut it I didn't want to ruin a nice one. Ive also spent like 5 years with it. Edited by jszucs