starion sited on porsche forums

spoolinturbo

yea the 944 handles very nice, but i like the SQ better when it goes sideways, just feels more natural...cant explain it

Maybe cuz the P-Car is 50/50 weight distribution while the Starquest are like 48/52 or something so when the car is actually going threw a turn its weight distribution is dead even? just a guess. I would own a 944 Turbo, but the cost of parts and maint is insane. I had a E36 M3 and that was bad enough and the P-Car is even more!

BTW heres my current stance...Not quite as low as komeuppance but its close! and Man do I need my fenders rolled! :lol:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b125/MoltoMario/Conquest%20Tsi/DSC_0007.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b125/MoltoMario/Conquest%20Tsi/DSC_0005.jpg

Edited by MoltoMario

See I come from the land of Nissan where we make the fenders fit the wheel, not the wheel fit the fenders. You shove a jackhandle in there, drive forwards and backwards a time or two and rock the eff out. Stance first, driveability second. All day errday son. Man that car is so ftw. Edited by tehzack

mario, what are you running for suspension?? and how do your tires not grab the fender in hard cornering? and tire brand and sizes please =)

Cosmos sleeve overs on Koni AGX struts I could go about a 1/2 lower and they would be slammed on the coils and I would have zero suspention travel. I havent driven her hard since I lowerd it so the wheels havent grabbed yet. But it does rub on like everything! My tires are also huge. The PO put them on and put a 245/50 in the rear and a 225/ 45 or 50 in the front. Tires are Khumo Ecsta's. My uncle owns a body shop so Im just waiting for him to have some free time and were gonna roll them :)

Cosmos sleeve overs on Koni AGX struts I could go about a 1/2 lower and they would be slammed on the coils and I would have zero suspention travel. I havent driven her hard since I lowerd it so the wheels havent grabbed yet. But it does rub on like everything! My tires are also huge. The PO put them on and put a 245/50 in the rear and a 225/ 45 or 50 in the front. Tires are Khumo Ecsta's. My uncle owns a body shop so Im just waiting for him to have some free time and were gonna roll them :)

so did u use non shp strut housings up front?

someone really needs to do a good write up on these agx installs

Edited by spoolinturbo

I posted a lot of pics!!

Also, SFBMX88 did as well... haha...

It's pretty simple yo!! If you just want to use front inserts, all you need to do is get KYB gland nuts (email customer support and they'll hook you up) and make a spacer (about 2") for the bottom of the MR2 inserts, easy!! If you want to go baller low like I did, you'll just need to cut a 2" section out of the strut housings, and reweld it. Rears, SHP rears are the easiest, same route. With non shp rears you need to either rethread the housings or use a front set of housings threaded portion and weld it to the rear.

-Robert

I posted a lot of pics!!

Also, SFBMX88 did as well... haha...

It's pretty simple yo!! If you just want to use front inserts, all you need to do is get KYB gland nuts (email customer support and they'll hook you up) and make a spacer (about 2") for the bottom of the MR2 inserts, easy!! If you want to go baller low like I did, you'll just need to cut a 2" section out of the strut housings, and reweld it. Rears, SHP rears are the easiest, same route. With non shp rears you need to either rethread the housings or use a front set of housings threaded portion and weld it to the rear.

-Robert

Appreciate this info. Nice clear and concise. Only question is when you cut and re welded your fronts did you also use a 2 inch spacer?

I've talked to that guy that owns the Starion, he was selling it on CL for awhile. He was running a set of Lincoln LSC meshies on it. That bronze 944 in the first pic is a friend of his. Cool dude, gave me some advice on wheel selection. Here's a couple pics he emailed me:

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr71/dmyers151/photo1.jpg

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr71/dmyers151/photo2.jpg