This is incredible.

UlrichWolf

Well, I started the hunt for a turbo Regal, and found what I considered to be a total gem.

Check this out:

http://www.youtube.c..._embedded#t=271

This is the first car I considered, and man, it looks cherry-pie. T-Type, T-Tops, fully equipped, all the same stuff as a Grand National.

Then the CarFax offer came along today. So, I CarFaxed it.

08/03/1989

New Jersey Motor Vehicle Dept.

Glassboro, NJ

SALVAGE TITLE/CERTIFICATE ISSUED

05/01/1990

Pennsylvania Motor Vehicle Dept.

SALVAGE TITLE/CERTIFICATE ISSUED

RECONSTRUCTED TITLE ISSUED

11/27/1991

Ohio Motor Vehicle Dept.

Northfield, OH

Title #770882386

Title issued or updated

11/22/1993

Ohio Police Report

Stow, OH

Case #19932891330

Accident reported

Vehicle involved in crash with an animal

06/24/1994

Ohio Motor Vehicle Dept.

Kent, OH

Title #6700110495

Title issued or updated

05/28/2003

North Carolina Motor Vehicle Dept.

Harrisburg, NC

Registration updated when owner moved the vehicle to a new location

05/29/2003 North Carolina Motor Vehicle Dept.

Harrisburg, NC

Title #772986031496144

Registration issued or renewed

04/10/2004

North Carolina Inspection Station

Pineville, NC

Passed emissions inspection

05/26/2004

Service Facility

Emissions inspection completed

Now.....this car was being sold on the premise that it had 34,827 miles on it, was as creampuff as they come, and just a general all around cherry-pie example of a turbo Regal.

So, I called the dealer. The dealer turns out to be a consignment dealer, apparently how most classic cars are sold, and had no clue of the car's history, and was certain that the customer didn't either. One thing that was certain was that they will probably be telling the customer to get that car out of there, as they do not sell cars with branded titles.

I admit, the car was more than I wanted to pay, but if the car was going to be incredible, I could probably put together the financing for something nice like that. Lesson learned - even if everything seems up and up......double check anyway.

The hunt goes on.

Tim

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l150/BOOSTED88TSI/random/tahoe039.jpg

i have that in my garage. My dad bought out in nevada for $14k off the orginal owners son. 34k on it, and one of 463 made with that paint scheme. There sweeeeeet cars, i just can deal with the automatic.

If you want to stick with the "rare" factor, and get a little more room than your Starion, you need to find one of these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...d=p4506.c0.m245

Jake

Jake,

I can really dig a third gen. Especially a turbo one. But I'd never hear the end of it from your brother, who thinks they are the scourge of Satan.....I'm hoping a Regal will pass muster, LOL.

Tim

I built one a long time ago that was prety much total junk when I got it. Blown motor, turbo was shot, trans was shot, rear was on it's way out. And like redoing all cars it cost way more then buying one even with me doing the labor. Hands down they are awsome, try to get an I/C one.

And if your serious I know where one is at that is as cherry as they come, and owned by someone who isjz about there cars to the point of carpeting there storage space and only NOS parts will do. I'm sure it would take them a chunk of change to convice them to sell so I don't know what you want to spend but I would guess they would want 30K or so.

Jake,

I can really dig a third gen. Especially a turbo one. But I'd never hear the end of it from your brother, who thinks they are the scourge of Satan.....I'm hoping a Regal will pass muster, LOL.

Tim

I'm hot a huge F-Body fan either, but I'd drive an '89 Anny model. Something else to think about... there's a '92 Typhoon in ElDorado for $6900

Jake

Any links on the typhoon?

I don't know of anywhere it's listed online. I ran across it about a month ago when I was out there for work. I noticed it still there when we went through there Sunday. Guy said it's a 2 owner with 154K on it, adult owned. It's not in perfect shape, but worth checking out if someone has the cash. Red ext, black leather int. I believe. It's located on the north side of 54 about 1/2 mile into town.

Jake

Might not hurt to give it a good lookover. It may have been a stolen recovery with no body damage. T-types and GN's were pretty high on the most stolen list back in the day. If so, offer way less.

I've had an S-10 stolen, thieves took it on a joy ride, no damage besides trashing the interior to get my radio. It was recovered later that night, thieves put in jail, and insurance totalled it because I filed a claim. Bought it back from the insurance company, replaced the cd player and trim, but had to have a salvage title since it was technically a "theft recovery".

Kane