Yes another 2JZGTE

serpentkilla

It depends on your power goals.

You can use a $250 SAFC II or a $5,000 Motec and everything inbetween, MAP ECU, HKS F-CON, Greddy Emanage, AEM FI/C, AEM EMS, Haltec, Autronic, Pro-EFI.

That GT45 depending on which version(78 or 80.8mm) it is will make WAY more power. That is a BIG turbo and is fully capable of making 700rwhp@18psi on pump gas and well over 1000rwhp at full tilt with C16 if the wastegate doesn't choke it. Unless its the Ebay "GT45", then who knows.

looks great man congrats. did you just hammer out your trans tunnel or did you cut it out and section it. i couldnt get min to fit up into the tunnel that snug. i cut the rubber out of my tranny mount and shortened it to about 3" and well solid mounts suck. i dunno how the car is gonna run with the 2j in it on the stock rear gears but with the 4g63 and r154 off boost kinda sucks 1st gear is more like 2nd but then again i have no torque.

looks great man congrats. did you just hammer out your trans tunnel or did you cut it out and section it. i couldnt get min to fit up into the tunnel that snug. i cut the rubber out of my tranny mount and shortened it to about 3" and well solid mounts suck. i dunno how the car is gonna run with the 2j in it on the stock rear gears but with the 4g63 and r154 off boost kinda sucks 1st gear is more like 2nd but then again i have no torque.

Actuallyi didn't have to use the BFH, i'm using the w58 tranny. It's not as wide as the ri54.

Here are a list of links for parts i used

engine

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/merchant/jdm_p...c0Q2em14?_pgn=3

radiator

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CXRacing-Ra...d=p4506.c0.m245

upper radiator pipe

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...tn%3D2%26ps%3D5

ic piping

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CXRacing-2-...id=p3911.c0.m14

Got part numbers for power steering from here

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=54905

intercooler, the one i used was a bit taller but this one will be a bit better cuz it will allow more air for the radiator and should fir between the rails.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CXRacing-In...id=p3911.c0.m14

Exhaust, i used my existing exhaust and used some pipes i had laying around to tie it in. u will need a 90, depending on where u cut it, a straight. make sure the flange is there if planning on keeping the twins. hope this helps anyone else attempting to do this.

Very nice. Let me know how that W58 holds up, I can get them for pretty cheap locally, and might consider one for a 4G63 swap in the Conquest.

Will do, from reading the supra forums there holding around 470. Thats good enough for me until i get the r model.

Sounds about right.

The OEM ECM cannot be tuned that I know of. Most people who tune 2JZs go with an Apex PowerFC or AEM standalone.

I personally know a guy running a 2j quest in brooklyn red r04 with nothing but a vpc+safc. when that set up was in the supra with went 10's all day. the turbo is a gt42

Edited by lionbull

I personally know a guy running a 2j quest in brooklyn red r04 with nothing but a vpc+safc. when that set up was in the supra with went 10's all day. the turbo is a gt42

Since "tuning" is something new for me... what is a VPC?

Edited by AzStar

Yes, thanks. i should have done this a long time ago. When are you going to be back in the area?

lol...well...now its done. And, I probably won't be back up there till Christmas...then summer again. So...just keep her running that long :P

VPC stands for Vein Pressure Converter, which electronically and physically removes the highly restrictive mass airflow sensor from the intake tract. It's commonly used with a BCC(boost cut eliminator).

Thanks... I think....

Oh well, hopefully one of these days I will be able to get into this a bit. Anyone up in Phoenix doing this sort of thing?

You joining us down in Tucson this coming Saturday?

Desert_Starions old neighbor swapped a 2JZ into his, he lives in Phoenix. I've never seen him online though.

Other than that, I can only think of Tony at UMS who bought his daughter a SQ. He mentioned wanting to drop a twin turbo 350z motor into it.

If you meant is anyone doing this sort of thing with 2JZ's in general, then yes. AZ has some of the fastest supra's in the country, with a few shops who build them.

i say the red quest with the 2jz in it myself and heard about the setup in the previous car. vpc's are great if you can find one that works right they have been discontinued by hks for a while now. my buddy runs a map ecu in his sc 300 car made good power but doesnt idle for crap could be he is an idiot though. when you go r 154 get out the BFH your gonna have to beat the hell out of the tunnel to get it to squeeze up in there trust me also might wanna look for some 3:90's to go with it

i say the red quest with the 2jz in it myself and heard about the setup in the previous car. vpc's are great if you can find one that works right they have been discontinued by hks for a while now. my buddy runs a map ecu in his sc 300 car made good power but doesnt idle for crap could be he is an idiot though. when you go r 154 get out the BFH your gonna have to beat the hell out of the tunnel to get it to squeeze up in there trust me also might wanna look for some 3:90's to go with it

The r154 will come later along with something special. I just want to enjoy the car and maintain, and not constantly fixing something.

Just thought I'd post and say:

THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!!!!

My jz motor and trans will be here next week. Hope you were right when you said it wasnt that bad. I knew I should have never called you on the phone....:rofl3:

So make sure your ready for all the ???'s I am gonna have and keep your cell phone charged up.

Thanks for giving me the extra little push I needed to get started on this.

Later ,

James

Just thought I'd post and say:

THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!!!!

My jz motor and trans will be here next week. Hope you were right when you said it wasnt that bad. I knew I should have never called you on the phone.... :rofl3:

So make sure your ready for all the ???'s I am gonna have and keep your cell phone charged up.

Thanks for giving me the extra little push I needed to get started on this.

Later ,

James

Lmao, did u get the 1j or 2j? once u get your mounts made the rest is cake. Don't hesitate to call me. It's about time u get of your lazy arse and stop procrastanating lol

Lmao, did u get the 1j or 2j? once u get your mounts made the rest is cake. Don't hesitate to call me. It's about time u get of your lazy arse and stop procrastanating lol

Ok so I went 1JZ for alot of personal reasons the main one being $$$. A few questions for our readers.

What are you using for cooling fans?

Did your front bumper fit back on after you crammed all that radiator and intercooler in there?

Do you have a pic with bumper back on yet?

Can you take a more detail pic of where you ran the harness and ecu location?

:eek1bluegreen: And last but not least can you fly down to North Carolina and do my swap for a case of beer? :eek1bluegreen:

*******This is the most important one of all so take your time before you answer.....

As always thanks for the help,

James