Yes another 2JZGTE

serpentkilla

danggggggggggg is300 engines for a hundred bucks where on earth are you located i smell roadddddddd tripppp lol wait to convert an IS block may be a 2k swop. mmm you guys think its wiser to just shell out the extra doe for a hassle convertsion free supra source???

either way looks like im going to hit up Serpent for a Supra power plant and tranny (he knows where to get the two for around 26hundred) annnnnnnd as crazy as it sounds I was looking at a turbo set up for around 54hundred taking it up to 700+HP, yeh I kno im nuts)

Im duing alot of searching and information getting. ive settled on two walbro255 fuel pumps as my first purchase in the project.

Serpent and Lao could you guys get a shot of the mounts?? I assume you would weld a plate to the supra block and bolt the original mounts to that or is it another way???

danggggggggggg is300 engines for a hundred bucks where on earth are you located i smell roadddddddd tripppp lol wait to convert an IS block may be a 2k swop. mmm you guys think its wiser to just shell out the extra doe for a hassle convertsion free supra source???

either way looks like im going to hit up Serpent for a Supra power plant and tranny (he knows where to get the two for around 26hundred) annnnnnnd as crazy as it sounds I was looking at a turbo set up for around 54hundred taking it up to 700+HP, yeh I kno im nuts)

Im duing alot of searching and information getting. ive settled on two walbro255 fuel pumps as my first purchase in the project.

Serpent and Lao could you guys get a shot of the mounts?? I assume you would weld a plate to the supra block and bolt the original mounts to that or is it another way???

HOLY SHIZNIT someones got some money..... u do realize right that you dont need a 5400 dollar turbo set up to get 700+ hp right? there are much simpler and cost effective ways to reach that kinda horse power with these engines.... as for motor mounts i beleive he just used plate steel... drilled the holes int he necessary sports on each side and bolted them on.... but i may have mis read... it happens

Haha, no IS engines for $100, but the transmission [W58], yes. I have some wrecking yard connections.

I'm looking at trying this swap with a turbocharged VVTi IS300 powerplant. 400whp is plenty, and can be done with some in-depth tuning with a piggyback ECU to keep VVTi in place and functional.

John,

All good information, thanks...

Oh, and I said I thought Quest would make it to PHX. I took it on a small 60 mile jaunt last weekend and the trans starting acting up badly. (sigh)

Of course I have an 88 Thunderbird TC that has a dying A4LD as well. So my plans are going to slip a couple months til I can get the TC fixed. I don't intend to fix the Quest trans if I'm going to the motor/trans swap.

Per your discussion above, if I do this, I will be getting the motor/trans/wiring harness/ecu as one package.

I contacted Prof Quest and he still has steering boxes. But now I need to fix the TC first.

lol far from ZMD but im green when it comes to the Supra upgrades. if you could give an example of the 700+ goal being done cheaper i would greatly appreciate it. almost got the money for the engine and tranny and by late spring should come into some more (good ol student loans lol thats why i went back to schoool)

From what I read...really all you need to hit 700 hp is the fuel delivery usually e85 for daily driver, cams, and a turbo big enough..like 72mm and up..of course computer or piggy back to tune....I talked with a guy here at Jo-Tech and he stated a customer was pushing 900 on the stock block. That is high in my opinion however over and over I see people on the Supraforums.com dyno threads with 600-700 on stock block.

From what I read...really all you need to hit 700 hp is the fuel delivery usually e85 for daily driver, cams, and a turbo big enough..like 72mm and up..of course computer or piggy back to tune....I talked with a guy here at Jo-Tech and he stated a customer was pushing 900 on the stock block. That is high in my opinion however over and over I see people on the Supraforums.com dyno threads with 600-700 on stock block.

here is a set up one guy is using and pushing 700

Engine performance:

Jdm aristo 2jzgte low miles

BC 264 camshafts

BC titianium valve springs and retainers

Precison 850cc injectors

Hks top feed fuel rail

Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator

-8 fuel lines feed lines -6 return lines

Walbro intank fuel pump and a bosch 044 inline fuel pump

Custom turbo manifold

Precision pte 68mm turbo with 4" inlet. .81a/r exhaust housing able to support 850hp.

custom down pipe with custom 4" exhaust.

4" intercooler with 3" piping

Mitsumoto Raditor with 2 12" electric fans

tial 44mm wg with dump tube

Hks 2nd gen ssq bov

Electronics:

Turbo smart dual stage elcetronic boost controller

Aem ugeo wideband

autometer 35psi boost gauge

Map Ecu EMs with software

Tech2 tach adapter

Dual universal fan controller

i deleted the non relevant things and im sure more could prolly go too...

if you want another option tune your car to run a consistent 600hp and put a 100 shot nitrous on it... would make it much more streetable...

got that from supra forum... check there... to be honest ide put the 1 and 2jz up for prolly the top 5 best motors ever created... they are soooooooooo easy to squeeze horse power out or and not only that but with that high hp they can still be reliable thats why im doin the swap...

here is a set up one guy is using and pushing 700

Engine performance:

Jdm aristo 2jzgte low miles

BC 264 camshafts

BC titianium valve springs and retainers

Precison 850cc injectors

Hks top feed fuel rail

Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator

-8 fuel lines feed lines -6 return lines

Walbro intank fuel pump and a bosch 044 inline fuel pump

Custom turbo manifold

Precision pte 68mm turbo with 4" inlet. .81a/r exhaust housing able to support 850hp.

custom down pipe with custom 4" exhaust.

4" intercooler with 3" piping

Mitsumoto Raditor with 2 12" electric fans

tial 44mm wg with dump tube

Hks 2nd gen ssq bov

Electronics:

Turbo smart dual stage elcetronic boost controller

Aem ugeo wideband

autometer 35psi boost gauge

Map Ecu EMs with software

Tech2 tach adapter

Dual universal fan controller

i deleted the non relevant things and im sure more could prolly go too...

if you want another option tune your car to run a consistent 600hp and put a 100 shot nitrous on it... would make it much more streetable...

got that from supra forum... check there... to be honest ide put the 1 and 2jz up for prolly the top 5 best motors ever created... they are soooooooooo easy to squeeze horse power out or and not only that but with that high hp they can still be reliable thats why im doin the swap...

Yeah you can delete alot more out of this list...the only things in here that give you power. The boost guage, fan controller, radiator...those things do not give you power. Sometimes I think people that people (not you) think the more mods on the list the more power they have. I ignore it all and look at the turbo, fuel, ecu, cams, exhaust...those are the major power players in the scheme of things.

ive tried to go to the supra.com fourm snobs and a half they even fight with each other with different models of the supra "people who own MKIV suck" "no people who on MKIII suck" really a buch of assh&&( who probably didnt do the work on their cars because i saw alot of talk but no pictures.

Yeah you can delete alot more out of this list...the only things in here that give you power. The boost guage, fan controller, radiator...those things do not give you power. Sometimes I think people that people (not you) think the more mods on the list the more power they have. I ignore it all and look at the turbo, fuel, ecu, cams, exhaust...those are the major power players in the scheme of things.

right but alot of those are supporting mods too i mean a aftermarket boost gauges will prolly be necessary, fan controller will keep ur engine cooler, as well as radiator... i mean they can list strictly performance mods but unless you have the supporting mods for cooling and maintaining ur throwing ur money in the hole

Edited by zmds18

ive tried to go to the supra.com fourm snobs and a half they even fight with each other with different models of the supra "people who own MKIV suck" "no people who on MKIII suck" really a buch of assh&&( who probably didnt do the work on their cars because i saw alot of talk but no pictures.

agreed alot are snobs but just use their search to find what u need....

agreed alot are snobs but just use their search to find what u need....

Yeah that is why i have less than 10 posts....mainly in the looking for parts section...lol. Yes just search...sometimes it is just getting the right key word in your search parameters....I hate the search option here at SQC now that we changed to this new forum format...ramble ramble..

These too are helpful

http://forum.clubna-t.com/

http://www.supramania.com/forums/index.php

http://97supraturbo.com/Tech.html

That kind of power goal puts you into a different ballgame. Not that its hard to get the motor to make it or anything, but you need to be very realistic and methodical in your parts choices. Especially the clutch/PP/flywheel combo. What kind of "700hp" are we talking about? Large turbo with okay responsiveness at sane/pump gas boost levels, or a mid size turbo with quick spool that's strung out on meth/alky with boost nearing 30psi?

Big power necessitates a serious clutch, unfortunately people don't opt for the multi-disk setup from the get go. There are two thrust washers in the 2JZ, one to limit forward and another to limit backward movement and both reside on the outside of the 4th crank bearing. Pressing in the clutch while starting the engine is horrible when you use a high pressure plate, single disk clutch as there's no/very little oil pressure during cranking.

Don't want crankwalk?

Utilize a clutch bypass switch, use the stock flywheel with aftermarket solid hub clutches, and use double or triple disk clutches. Don't hold down aftermarket clutch at stop lights or when starting, don't use a heavy pressure plate, don't use aftermarket flywheels with solid hub clutches.

Keep an eye on the belts. Front or backside(depending if its a push or pull type clutch) deterioration of the belt is a common sight and an early warning sign for crankwalk.

Also keep in mind that you are nearing the limits of the R154, and the V160 or V161 with a multidisk setup will be BIG money. You could easily have $10K just in a V160 tranny. Let me stress that again, BIG money. ;)

Probably one of the most theorecitally-discussed swaps on SQC. Reason enough why I want to try it. ^_^

If enough people start it and trade information... it becomes an easier process for all involved.

Additionally, for some us not quite so mechanically gifted, it enables us to do something we might not have been able to alone.

it seems like a pretty common swap for the starion and quests... itd be nice if someone could come up with a list of essentials for the swap...

like what parts required

also idt be nice since its a common swap if someone could produce and sell motor mounts and tranny mounts (since the other parts that have to be custom fabbed can be routed how the owner wants it)

I'm all for fabricating and selling parts to perform this engine swap. It'll be a while before I even get most of the parts together, else I'd be doing it right now. I'd build a package deal containing:

-Engine mounts

-Trans x-member

-Driveshaft

-Oil pan

I'm such a stickler when it comes to details, that I'd offer a two-piece wiring harness with a firewall quick-disconnect and grommets, all nuts and bolts required for install, a modified downpipe to connect to an existing aftermarket exhaust, and intercooler piping specifically for the engine/chassis combo. I'll leave the speedo up to whoever/whatever, I've got my own crazy ideas for a cluster. ^_^

wow seems like im jummping into big money but hey its cheaper than a Viper lol. all this information is great. feels like we should be a club inside a club no negativity on the posts at all. its a good feeling.

lol dont jynx it...

I'm all for fabricating and selling parts to perform this engine swap. It'll be a while before I even get most of the parts together, else I'd be doing it right now. I'd build a package deal containing:

-Engine mounts

-Trans x-member

-Driveshaft

-Oil pan

I'm such a stickler when it comes to details, that I'd offer a two-piece wiring harness with a firewall quick-disconnect and grommets, all nuts and bolts required for install, a modified downpipe to connect to an existing aftermarket exhaust, and intercooler piping specifically for the engine/chassis combo. I'll leave the speedo up to whoever/whatever, I've got my own crazy ideas for a cluster. ^_^

So what's holding you back?

As far as the oil pan I thought everyone was using the factory pan. You saying that it's possible to adjust the pan so the clearance on the sway bar would be taken care of?

The items that worry me most on this swap.

Motor mounts.

A/C ( I gotta keep the A/C)

Cruise Control ( I gotta keep the cruise)

Wiring interface. (The engine harness and ECM will be cool but what and how do I connect the cars power to it)

Gauges.

I know everyone sort has their own idea how to implement this but it would be nice to come to a common consensus of a specific parts list that works well together.

I like the bolt extention idea i saw but how would that affect the swaybar bushings???

also (im such a fool) hows this for club "INNER CIRCLE C.C." OR "TRANSFORMERS C.C" yeh i kno tarded but i couldnt shake the idea out of my head lol :lol: Serpent and Lao can have the first two offices being they actually did the swap lol