Yes another 2JZGTE

serpentkilla

you poor fool, my arms are sore from beating my 5 speed trans tunnel and even then that massive transmission still doesn't clear. I think I'm going to go get some wheels for my angle grinder and go to town.

haha I got the directions to that town your going to..

lol

haha I got the directions to that town your going to..

lol

I have a GPS in that car so I think I should be good, but thanks for the offer.

I also picked up a spot weld cutter, I'm going to try and remove that reinforcement that's in the way first. If that doesn't work then the car is going to meet Mr. Slicey.

This was the very first time at the track with this set up. never mind the other car, he ran 9 something to my slow 13.2 :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdYFkXueBEg&playnext=1&videos=qS1a3mqg5Z4

Edited by serpentkilla

I think i want to plumb my wastegate into the exhaust....it is just so loud...I'd never tell if there was det. or something wrong under WOT.

I love that sound though, just try not to go wot :)

I love that sound though, just try not to go wot :)

LOL... actually I don't think it will ever detonate. I have final timing @ 21* at 18 lbs. This is what I have been told..I had two supra people tell me with E-85 you can run timing no problem. Here's what they have to say.

jza71 says: 18* is wayyyy too low for E85 at 18psi.

18psi on a stock ecu is about 20-23* depend on knock values/levels.

At 21psi my timing is at 27* at peak rpm (8k)

At 26psi my timing is at 25* at peak rpm (8k)

Now dont go and start breaking things by adding timings. There are a lot of things involve in the tuning."

And this guy is just sick..

ArminMkiv

He runs the stock intake, ebay intercooler, on just E-85!!!!

43psi was 17degrees from 5500-8500 12.6afr

6spd JDM Supra custom built single turbo -93

1147whp 822lbs/ft

9,65/155mph so far...

Edited by Laodicea

nice do you stand on it off the light or do you cruise into it? (i hear diff issues cause us to tend to rolling starts)

Yup i leave at 2500rpms then gradually step on it, if i dont it will just sit there and spin.

LOL... actually I don't think it will ever detonate. I have final timing @ 21* at 18 lbs. This is what I have been told..I had two supra people tell me with E-85 you can run timing no problem. Here's what they have to say.

jza71 says: 18* is wayyyy too low for E85 at 18psi.

18psi on a stock ecu is about 20-23* depend on knock values/levels.

At 21psi my timing is at 27* at peak rpm (8k)

At 26psi my timing is at 25* at peak rpm (8k)

Now dont go and start breaking things by adding timings. There are a lot of things involve in the tuning."

And this guy is just sick..

He runs the stock intake, ebay intercooler,

ArminMkiv43psi was 17degrees from 5500-8500 12.6afr

6spd JDM Supra custom built single turbo -93

1147whp 822lbs/ft

9,65/155mph so far...

I'm still using the stock ecu for now, hopefully Santa can bring me this for Christmas

http://tuner-deals.com/images/Platinum_2000%20web.jpg

haltech huh i was thinking AEM but hey im the newbie

with the g54 i used to leave 2000 or 2200 and ease into it too

Iv'e never used either of them, but i know alot of people running the haltech ecu's and since 02 i wanted to get one. They both make pnp units for the 2j but i prefer the haltech. I should soon be able to step that up to try and get better 60ft times.

On a slightly different note....

Any of you guys have a pulley for a USDM 2JZ waterpump?

I changed from the JDM pump to a USDM pump and the pulleys are completely different.

The USDM pulley would have 4 holes for the studs to go through. The JDM pulley is held on by a big nut in the center.

I can get you one. There is a shop up by my house and all he does is Lexus twin turbo swaps and Mkiv supras. If you cannot get one I can call him and pick it up maybe tonight.

Dax,

Yes.. please see how much he wants for one. I've only found one guy out this way up in Phoenix and I can never seem to hook up with him.

I've had a very busy last couple of months... got very little done on the project. Time to get started on this again.

Dax,

Yes.. please see how much he wants for one. I've only found one guy out this way up in Phoenix and I can never seem to hook up with him.

I've had a very busy last couple of months... got very little done on the project. Time to get started on this again.

ok tomorrow

off topic the white car bushings are cracked and nasty where do i get new ones?? nappa dosent cary them

These work just fine....been over 1000 miles and no sign of fatigue.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t18/gr8white1/2JZ%20Project/DSC01220-1.jpg

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t18/gr8white1/2JZ%20Project/DSC01225-1.jpg

On a slightly different note....

Any of you guys have a pulley for a USDM 2JZ waterpump?

I changed from the JDM pump to a USDM pump and the pulleys are completely different.

The USDM pulley would have 4 holes for the studs to go through. The JDM pulley is held on by a big nut in the center.

Mark yours and drill 4 holes in it??????....my guy says he has none.