anyone here a MENSA member?

patra_is_here

Right. There's an estimated 8-11 types of intelligence. The MENSA tests only hit 3-4 of them, mainly spacial reasoning, logics, and pattern recognition. I got a book of sample MENSA test questions on the discount rack just to keep the mind sharp and out of silly interest, but haven't signed up for it. I probably should, but it costs $$ that I'd rather spend on something more useful. It'd be good to put on a resume or vita, provided you don't act holier than thou.

Also funny that over 80% of people think they are above average intelligence. Strangly I'd guess that the 30% or so who don't fit are the ones seen most often on reality TV.

Also funny that over 80% of people think they are above average intelligence. Strangly I'd guess that the 30% or so who don't fit are the ones seen most often on reality TV.

LOL... 80%+30% = 110%

-Robert

actually most of the test aren't based on memorization at all.

What i meant was if you could remember all that type of stuff from school or wherever it will make you seem smarter. You can be smart but if you cant remember sht then your like the rest of us.

I guess I could have and still could. My last Cognitive Abilities Test was 147 in college.

However in college I was involved with the ACM and we did most of the same going to math a physics comps and conf's but most of our stuff was more twards computer Sci. and that was what I was into. We built and programed a robot arm to feed us ice cream. That was our big acheavment.

Obviously spelling and grammer weren't really high on the priority list at the ACM. :D

LOL... 80%+30% = 110%

-Robert

haha - Only 50% max of that 80% group statistically CAN be above average. I was referring to the 30% (3 of 8) who overestimate themselves. Often those with closed minds have the most open mouths.

Obviously spelling and grammer weren't really high on the priority list at the ACM. :D

Nope it's actuly kinda of funny. I am smart but spelling gramer and reading retention suck. Some say im dislexic. The really strange thing is if you read to me ill remember like word for word. If I read 4 words by the end of the 4th word I can't tell you what the first one was.

In grade school I was labled LD (primarly because that is worth boko bucks to them from the state) but because they really though I was. Then they tested me and I tested off the charts. So that left them trying to figure me out, so they poked, prodded, tested, and sent me to shrinks for the rest of my life. Most determined that I was just always outsmarting the test, or if I didn't see the why or it was just repeating regurgitiaon or busy work I would just simpyly refuse to do it or fill in junk.

and no the ACM cares 0 for speeling other then reserved words in progoraming which I can always spell right for some reason.